Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
This weathly trust fund baby was found guilty of killing two peds with his 911 Turbo in Ft. Lauderdale (ran them down doing excess of 100 in a 30 mph zone). He fled the scene and then dumped his car. According to published reports, under FL law, the victims' families can plead leniency during sentencing. Well, this dude supposedly paid them an undisclosed sum of money, and then they asked the courts to go light on the driver. Long story short, he has to do 2 years of house arrest in his family's luxury beach front condo, which happens to be next to Lauderdale. He can only leave to go to church and to work out. Yes, he lost his ability to drive for the rest of his life (he has more than 50, yes, 50 traffic violations and is only 39 years old). The Prosecutors were looking for a minimum of 10 years in the klink. Oh, and now he's seeking to get his car back from law enforcement.

I guess ya'll in the Sunshine State can do whatever you darn well please, as long as you have enough money.

The Sunday Telegraph (the two peds were British businessmen) from June 5 had a headline about a certain P-car driver buying freedom with "blood money."
You are very naive ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 5:50:38 pm
... if you truly believe that it applies only to the Sunshine State.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
True
Boxsterra - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 5:53:04 pm
I can name at least 49 other states it applies to.
Re: You are very naive ...
MauriceonLongIsland - Monday, 13 June, 2011, at 7:00:19 am
Pedro (Weston, FL)
... if you truly believe that it applies only to the Sunshine State.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

+49!

Regards, Maurice.
I understand your disgust...
r9i8c7k - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 6:57:06 pm
Bank robbery seems to be the only crime in America where you receive hard time.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Re: I understand your disgust...
old timer - Sunday, 12 June, 2011, at 3:41:33 pm
and that's only if you rob it with a gun
Dude, really?
dghii - Friday, 10 June, 2011, at 10:57:14 pm
"I guess ya'll in the Sunshine State can do whatever you darn well please, as long as you have enough money"

I'm sorry to inform you that I am a Florida resident and I cannot do whatever I please. My wife won't let me.

dghii
2000 Boxster S 6speed 112k miles
Re: Dude, really?
dennisafrompa - Saturday, 11 June, 2011, at 8:08:13 am
dghii
"I guess ya'll in the Sunshine State can do whatever you darn well please, as long as you have enough money"

I'm sorry to inform you that I am a Florida resident and I cannot do whatever I please. My wife won't let me.

Now that is funny, wife trumps all!
Re: Dude, really?
r9i8c7k - Saturday, 11 June, 2011, at 1:58:17 pm
My wife tells me I can do what ever I want as long as I check with her first.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login