Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Porsche World Roadshow
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Sunday, 12 June, 2011, at 9:20:22 am
Went to the Porsche World Roadshow at the Monticello Motorclub yesterday. Wish the weather would have been better - dense fog (visibility < 1/8 mile and a very damp track!).

The set up was you got to drive each car for only one lap so your first drive/car was definitely a learning lap - your ability to judge the car's performance was very limited.. All of the cars had the PDK transmission - guess they didn't want to burn out any clutches/transmissions. winking smiley, and you had to keep PASM & Sport Chrono to the normal settings.

They had two courses set up. The one for the mid-engine cars was an AX. You drove with an instructor. My first car was a Boxster Spyder, second a Cayman R, third a Boxster S. Not surprisinly, my best time was in the S as I "knew" the track & the car. To be honest I couldn't really notice much of a differnce between the S and the Spyder - the conditions were not conducive to a good comparison. The Cayman R handled well and seemed nimble. And the winner (at least to me) - the Boxster S thumbs up. But I'll admit to some favoratism. grinning smiley

The 911's were on a road track and you played follow the leader behind an instructor with 6 cars on the road at a time - problem was your speed was limited to the ability of the driver in front of you,. Got to drive a Carrera, a 4S, and a GTS. The winner hands down is the GTS the finger smiley. What can I say - it's truly a wonderful car, handling is crisp and precises, enough power to meet my needs (but who knows if I'd say the same if I drove a Turbo! eye rolling smiley, but only the instructors drove the Turbo's - darn).

The experience made me remember how much I liked DE's!

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Hi Cliff,

Sorry for the delay in responding. I'm out of town & haven't had the opportunity to check the Board.

I was at the 9:30 - at noon I was test driving a Panamera just for kicks!

Me, I liked the sound of the GTSthe finger smiley

Regards,

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
Re: Porsche World Roadshow
jg wnc - Tuesday, 14 June, 2011, at 1:46:28 pm
I'm signed up for ATL at the end of the month. Not a big time investment, so probably worthwhile. cool smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login