Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
styrafoam "fuzz" coming out of air vents on older Boxster
bb1 - Saturday, 18 June, 2011, at 3:43:59 pm
Hi there - would any one be so kind as to offer some suggestions on what I expect is a common (minor) problem.

The car is about 10 yrs old and lately when the air conditioner/vents are on, it is throwing out a bit of fuzz....on closer inspection, i can see behind the air nozzle/diverter/thingies...some gray fuzz/styrafoam material....and it looks to just have fallen apart due to heat/age. So it's deteriorated...and came loose from somewhere in there and is largely "wadded" up towards the diverter/nozzles....I tried to pull it out w/ some tweezers...but it falls apart (so you can't really get it out of there). If there were an easy way to take off those nozzle/diverter/thingies....it would be a snap to clean it out.

Thanks in advance.
My '99 started spitting out foam a few years ago. I took the blower housing apart (accessed under the passenger side dash - pull off the carpet below the dash, and take the housing apart - a relatively easy task). Using a ShopVac, suck out all the loose foam.

But..... I thought I got it all, yet I still get some foam out of the vents. Larger pieces get lodged there, and I fire up the ShopVac, hold it next to the vent with the fan running on high, and "stab" at the material letting the shopvac suck it up.

Joe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login