Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New Buyer Question
flagsdad - Saturday, 18 June, 2011, at 10:28:34 pm
I'm looking at a beautiful 2005 Boxster S. The price is probably a bit high right now but I have a lingering question. The car has $17500 custom paint job, it metallic Orange with a 12" wide navy stripe on the hood and trunk lid. It's very nice and I like it. But does the non stock paint lessen the value of the car. It's a 2005 with 30k miles on it. This will be my first Boxster, moving from a Corvette Conv.

Thanks I hope I'm at the right spot.
Re: New Buyer Question
Bobtesa - Saturday, 18 June, 2011, at 10:40:27 pm
I would be less worried about a non-factory paint job then about the need for it after an accident. You should have the car checked by a reputable body shop. Would a custom paint job lessen the value of a car without an accident? I don't know, but probably with a car like a Boxster, but it may depend on the quality and beauty of the work to the buyer. Would a paint job needed after an accident lessen the value - absolutely.
I'd be less worried about it having been in an accident if
Laz - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 2:56:29 pm
the undersides of the hoods, inside the door hinge areas, etc., are repainted also.
The color and stripe
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 2:49:03 pm
would limit the number of potential buyers to only those who liked the combination just as any color does even ones Porsche did ... but we also know from research that some colors affect resale prices by up to 30% and the same are hard to sell. Even some mods affect the price and can almost never recover their cost.

In this case, I'd say the color/strips you describe would severely limit the universe of interested buyers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login