Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Need car seat/cover for dog....Suggestions?
atwnsw - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 2:46:20 pm
I have a 60lb springer spaniel and he normally rides in my wife's car. Unfortunately she is going out of town and I have to take him in my car to the dog park (twice a day). I have a tan interior.

What is the best car seat protector to reduce the risk of him scratch the leather?

Is there a supplemental protector that exists for things like the interior car door or center console (which really scratches easily)?

Thanks in advance...

around the seat back to hold the blanket up on the seat back and in place on the seat base.

Might point out that the dog is not safe in the car should you have to make an emergency stop. Years ago I had a dog on the front passenger seat of my pick up truck and was driving home (just a few blocks away from home) when (what proved to be) another dog darted out in front of my truck.

The animal came out between two parked cars and of course one slams on the brakes first and thinks about it afterwards. When I slammed on the brakes I didn't know if it was a dog or a possibly a child.

Fortunately it was a dog but unfortunately I was not quick enough to avoid hitting the dog (which died ) but in slamming on the brakes I threw my dog off its perch on the passenger's seat to the floor of the truck's cab. She was a bit shaken up but not hurt, thankfully.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
MarcW
around the seat back to hold the blanket up on the seat back and in place on the seat base.

Might point out that the dog is not safe in the car should you have to make an emergency stop. Years ago I had a dog on the front passenger seat of my pick up truck and was driving home (just a few blocks away from home) when (what proved to be) another dog darted out in front of my truck.

The animal came out between two parked cars and of course one slams on the brakes first and thinks about it afterwards. When I slammed on the brakes I didn't know if it was a dog or a possibly a child.

Fortunately it was a dog but unfortunately I was not quick enough to avoid hitting the dog (which died ) but in slamming on the brakes I threw my dog off its perch on the passenger's seat to the floor of the truck's cab. She was a bit shaken up but not hurt, thankfully.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Do your pet a favor, and buy a Roadie or similar dog harness--keeps them from being flying objects in a panic stop or worse, collision. With my 80 lbs. Lab, I have to have a Roadie for another reason--to keep her in the passenger (or back seat), and not in my seat. What can I say--she thinks she's a lap dog smiling smiley

Also, make sure the air bag is deactivated--air bags can do as much damage or more to a dog, as they do to small children and you wouldn't drive around with a small child sitting in front of an active air bag.

The Roadie--Canine Safety Harness

Current Porsche: PCA Club Coupe 2 of 50

Past: 02 986 S

01 996 Turbo

00 Millenium Coupe

99 996 C2

99 Boxster
Re: Need car seat/cover for dog....Suggestions?
Capt Ron - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 4:21:35 pm
[www.amazon.com]

I live and die by these. My wife trains Border Collies and we've used Kozy-k9 covers in all her cars. The back seat of her 10 year-old MDX still looks new. Installation is a snap, they can be machine washed or just hosed off. Thick enough to prevent even the most neglected nails from poking through.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 04:27PM by Capt Ron. (view changes)
... has done no sig harm. A blanket is a great idea. I just use a bath towel. Anja cant fit in the seat anyway, at least not curled/laying, so i always fill the wheel well and put a dog bed over the whole mess ( which is an accurate word).

Grant
Petee_C - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 12:35:43 pm
you let your dog on your leather couch?

we have a 55lb golden doodle.... we just got new hardwood floors in the kitchen and dining room....... i cried the 1st month.

P

Dog doesn't go in my boxster. She's a CRV or wagon dog.
atwnsw - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 12:39:17 pm
I bought sheepskin cover and have towels over the center console.

So far, so good.

And yes, I let my dog not only on the leather couch but he also sleeps in bed with me & my wife....
dog friendly.

Dog does not go on couches period. Car, yes.

She prefers her bed. Or, of course, mine :-)
.. a few weeks ago.

I started out with a blanket on the seat and draped over the back and tucked in from the rear, but the dog worked it loose, and the blanket was on the floor within 30 minutes, lol.. My car turned 11 this April, and has never seen a pet during the entire 11 years, so I figured it wouldn't hurt too much. The dog and leather seat are fine. Just needed a little vacuuming. All is good..

Regards, -rick.
Who drove? *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Saturday, 25 June, 2011, at 5:30:30 pm
Lol..
Rick (Nashville, TN) - Saturday, 25 June, 2011, at 10:46:51 pm
He also likes this car. I think it's the color, :-)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login