Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
if the new gearbox will be used on Caymans & Boxsters? As to the shift pattern there's already some conjecture out there.
with say at the very left side of the shift gates, there would be1st with 2nd below it, then 3rd is up and over with 4th below 3rd, and this pattern is repeated for 5th and 6th 7th gear would be up and over one more row with reverse below 7th.

There would be a reverse lock out that would prevent all but the most determined from shifting from 7th down into reverse.

A 2nd possibility but one I like a lot less is using the existing shift pattern like my Turbo 6-speed has, with reverse far to the left and up, then put 1st gear below it, with 2nd up and over with 3rd gear below it, then this pattern repeated for 4th and 5th gear and again another row over for 6th and 7th gears.

IOWs, resurrect the 'dog leg' 1st to 2nd pattern. I can't believe Porsche would go this route though.

If there's another pattern I can't imagine what it would be.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
I think it would be your first configuration, too.
Laz - Sunday, 19 June, 2011, at 9:10:23 pm
I don't think many people would want to deal with the old dog leg first gear "racing pattern," although I learned stick with my 912 having it, and it didn't bother me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/19/2011 09:12PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login