Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
According to published reports, it was early Monday morning. The dude was only 34. Some reports say speed played a factor.
I suspect that the biggest contributing factor
Boxsterra - Monday, 20 June, 2011, at 1:34:59 pm
was that he was probably driving like a jackass.

I feel bad for his friends and family but people who take big risks often see their demise as a result so this is not a huge surprise.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 01:35PM by Boxsterra. (view changes)
That is why I have not driven my car since brbs. smiling smiley Too many tools out on the road now that it is nice out.
TMZ link..
MikenOH - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 4:00:39 pm
[www.tmz.com]

3 beers and 3-4 shots over 4 hours before he left the bar.

The car was torn apart by the crash and then it burned.

I'll let the corner make his determination as to the amount of alcohol in the bloodstream and the state police will estimate the speed of the car when it crashed, but my take is that mixing alcohol with a fast cars makes bad things happen.
it's a shame that the passenger was killed but thankfully no other innocent people were harmed. that's really the worst when some jackass smashes his car and wipes out a family and walks away with a few scrapes and bruises.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Frogster-my sentiments exactly
MikenOH - Wednesday, 22 June, 2011, at 8:18:08 am
The latest news indicated the car was going 130MPH when it crashed.

It's one thing to put your own life at risk, but quite another to do the same to a passenger and the motoring public at large that may have misfortune to cross paths with someone this irresponsible.

This incident reminds me of the crash in FL involving the kids driving a M5 after a party on a private airstrip. In that crash ,a fast car, combined with alcohol, a young driver and irresponsible behavior added up to 5 five deaths (driver + 4 passengers).

Behavior like this out of someone 18 is more understandable--they probably don't appreciate the danger involved and the irresponsibility of putting other lives at risk. At 34, what's Dunn's excuse?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/22/2011 08:44AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Re: Frogster-my sentiments exactly
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Thursday, 23 June, 2011, at 10:41:55 pm
Apparently he received at least 23 tickets in the past 13 years,10 for speeding. He was also busted for DUI in 2005. He had a .19 BAC and they estimated he was doing 130 -140 mph!
I hope somebody learns from his mistakes, obviously Ryan didn't. Sad for his family and the family of the man he killed sad smiley
Re: Frogster-my sentiments exactly
frogster - Saturday, 25 June, 2011, at 12:21:07 pm
BoxsterBob - San Carlos
Apparently he received at least 23 tickets in the past 13 years,10 for speeding. He was also busted for DUI in 2005. He had a .19 BAC and they estimated he was doing 130 -140 mph!

Does it take dying for a person to permanently lose their license? There is something seriously wrong with society when a jackass like this can continue to put people's lives in danger for 13 years.

I sure hope this jackass didn't have time to procreate and pass on his genetic deficiencies.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
He was able to make a career of being, well, a Jackass.

I do think gladiatorial combat to the death will come back as public entertainment. The winners get fame and riches; the losers' dependents get stipends. There will be many willing participants.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/25/2011 03:42PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login