Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
I received a letter from Porsche, telling me of the advantages of trading in my Boxster for a new model. along with a mousepad with a picture of a base Cayman, Boxster, and Carrera .

In the product description they've got the Cayman & Boxster as having rear -mounted engines! confused smiley. I had to read it twice & still couldn't believe they could let an error like that go through - or wait maybe I missed something and there's been a design change for 2011! They at least got it right for the Carreraeye rolling smiley

Ed

Ed from Long Island (Tampa)
05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
I had a Jeep salesman tell me that the AWD Jeep i was looking at had a straight V6. i asked him to raise the hood as i had never seen a straight v6. He did and asked what i thought. i asked where is the V as it was a straight 6. he never got it.
Clif R
I had a Jeep salesman tell me that the AWD Jeep i was looking at had a straight V6. i asked him to raise the hood as i had never seen a straight v6. He did and asked what i thought. i asked where is the V as it was a straight 6. he never got it.

Perhaps you didn't know that V6 stands for Verystraight 6.
Are you sure the ad wasn't for
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 21 June, 2011, at 4:17:16 pm
a Kayman and Baxter, which might be coming out with rear mounted engines? Lots and lots of changes to keep up with, ya know.
They also need to update their records. I got the same solicitation telling me how much more technologically advanced the new 911 is. Problem is, I have a 2009 997S Cab. Why would I trade it in for the same car when mine's only 18 months old? At least wait until the new 911 comes out next year, then try and get me to flip.
in that the engine is behind the occupants, albeit ahead of the rear axle. I recall the English brand, TVR being referred to as a "front mid-engined" car because the motor is entirely behind the front axle. That, along with the concentration of mass between the axles and the very low wheelbase-to-track ratio made it somewhat mid-everything.
new marking department and faster mail delivery Ed cool smiley. See my post a week ago at

Mouse Pad

Ed from Long Island
I received a letter from Porsche, telling me of the advantages of trading in my Boxster for a new model. along with a mousepad with a picture of a base Cayman, Boxster, and Carrera .

In the product description they've got the Cayman & Boxster as having rear -mounted engines! confused smiley. I had to read it twice & still couldn't believe they could let an error like that go through - or wait maybe I missed something and there's been a design change for 2011! They at least got it right for the Carreraeye rolling smiley

Ed
Ed, can you scan that and post it here? *NM*
frogster - Wednesday, 22 June, 2011, at 1:04:36 am
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
I'll try! eye rolling smiley
Ed fromTampa ( formerly Long Island) - Wednesday, 22 June, 2011, at 2:50:38 pm
Wow, it worked!!! hot smiley

05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
From left to right, 911 - 911 Cab - Boxster S.

KtS smiling smiley
But I'm still correct about the engine placementwinking smiley

So, KtS how you doing - been a long time since we've seen each other.

Regards,

Ed

05S Cobalt/Blue/Blue
The letter I received promised me, among other things, more power if I traded now. Problem is that the base model Boxster listed (the only version listed in the literature I received) is 255 hp while my 08 S has 295 hp. You would think they would have at least listed the specs of a new S model.

mike
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login