Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Amtrack Auto Train DC-Florida & Boxster
KPM 05-987 - Sunday, 26 June, 2011, at 6:20:58 am
was just reading about this and noticed they mention low clearance vehicles may be refused. anybody ever done this with their Boxster?

PS just spell checked my post before submitting and it balked at "Boxster" smiling smiley
Re: Amtrack Auto Train DC-Florida & Boxster
dennisafrompa - Sunday, 26 June, 2011, at 7:37:50 am
...I took a lowered MB CLK down and back in 2000. I also saw a 356 roadster on the train.
Dave In MD - Sunday, 26 June, 2011, at 8:32:59 am
My wife and I took our 03 with standard suspension on it last year from DC to Fl for the Sebring race in February. No problems. They use ramps to load the car into the rail cars but there was plenty of clearance.

We got the Roomette which is great for comfortable seating but the beds are very small. With that and the constant motion and noise it was not the best sleep I've ever had but it beat driving. We planned a relaxing day at a hotel on the beach for the first day there to "recover" and that worked well. We would do it again.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
db997S - Tuesday, 28 June, 2011, at 3:58:26 pm
That's where Ambien comes into play--poorman's first class as i like to call it. I use it on international flights when flying coach. Your doctor maybe able to get you a seven-day trial supply without an office visit. If all else fails, then Advill PM, which is over the counter. The rocking should put you to sleep like a baby.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login