Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Wildlife encounter: Boxster 1, Racoon 0
Petee_C - Monday, 27 June, 2011, at 11:13:57 am
I borrowed my F-I-L's GMC Acadia last week to trailer 2 sporttouring bikes down to Marietta Ohio. I lent him the Boxster S in exchange.

He didn't get to use it much unfortunately, as it was a pretty wet week back home. He had it for a couple rides with my mother-in-law, and a couple drives on his own.

Anyways, he came upon a jumbo sized racoon probably one evening on a county road. He swerved to miss it, and almost dodged it, Unfortunately for the racoon, it clipped the driver side of my Porsche. Luckily, it did not hit the front bumper.

I returned from the trip last night around 8pm, and my wife tells me the outlaws are coming down at about 9pm to switch vehicles. He shows me a couple marks along the side of the driver door. Doesn't look too bad. no obvious crinkles in the paint. I can't tell if the curves in the lower door are off or not.

Anyways. we switch vehicles, after I finishing unloading all the gear from his. Play with the kids for a bit, and dish out the souvenirs to the trip, and then head out to the garage to wash the baby with ONR.

Luckily the racoon marks was out, and in the garage lighting (not the best) I can't see anything. I'll look at it today in the daylight, but I think it is all fine. Anyways when washing the front driverside wheel, I notice hair/fur stuck between the rim and the bead of the tire.... I think I was lucky and the sturdier tire took the brunt of the hit, rather than the body work. I'll leave the hairs in there, and show my FIL next time he's by.

Big sigh of relief.

P
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login