Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Clutch Lines
djw8282 - Thursday, 30 June, 2011, at 1:00:06 pm
Hello All..First post here..

I had a small puncture in the blue clutch line that runs under the driver side, extending into the wheel well and I've been coming into some difficulty in getting the line disassembled. I received the replacement clutch line and the end of the line isn't threaded, it seems it just snaps in although you can turn the other end with 15mm wrench. Does it just snap out with force?? Does anyone have any suggestions on how this disassembles? Is there a trick to it? I have a picture of the lines and a diagram but could not upload. Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
My info is this change over occured from '97 to '98. What MY car do you have?

The new lines are (for left hand drive cars) 996.423.107.10 and 996.423.109.10. A 15mm hole must be drilled in the eft wheel housing due to the position of the lines.

Anyhow, mydrawings show 2 lines, line #8 is connected to the clutch slave cylinder at one end and the other end is connected to line # 9. Line #9 is then connected to another line (#10) at a point under under the car.

I quote from the factory manual: Line 9 on the underbody (arrow) is separated from line 10 by unscrewing!. Turn at the threaded part A when loosening. When doing so counter at plug-in coupling.

There is more but I'm not sure if the above is of any help let alone the rest. However, I leave it up to you. If you send me a private email with your email address I'll make PDF copies of these pages and send them to you.

Oh, I probably should have started out with this, but I was unable to find anything else on these lines and how to uncouple/couple them. The section I quoted from and its surrounding pages is all I found.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Wow, this is exactly what I need!! I have a 2002 S. The line that I have is line 9. I actually was trying to unscrew as the Porsche manual has instructed, but its not coming apart..I'm starting to round out the ends..Lubrication to loosen it up maybe??

Please do send me the PDF copies to my email: djw8282@yahoo.com

By the way, Ive been on & off ppbb for the last 12 years until it close and you've given me (and others) awesome input! Thank you so much!
email address. Later today after working hours I'l make the PDF copy of what I have on the clutch lines and such and get it off to your email address.

BTW, a high quality crows foot wrench is a nice tool to have as it has a slot in it to pass the line through and allow the wrench to engage more flats on the fitting/connector.

Sincerely,

MarcW.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 05:52PM by MarcW. (view changes)
Did you say ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Saturday, 2 July, 2011, at 9:48:05 am
... crows foot?
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Uh oh *NM*
Boxsterra - Saturday, 2 July, 2011, at 10:56:41 am
Marc, like an O2 sensor wrench? *NM*
Laz - Saturday, 2 July, 2011, at 12:04:45 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
they were used for hydraulic line fittings.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login