Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Removing Boxster Radio
kentv1 - Friday, 8 July, 2011, at 8:07:38 pm
Where do you get those "keys" that slide in to remove the Boxster radio?

The faceplate on my radio keeps acting erratically. Sometimes it light up. Sometimes is doesn't. If I push it in, it lights back up--but not all the time. It's like a trick that only works 3 of 5 times. Something definitely is loose or dirty back in there. I think.

Any advice on those tools?
Re: Removing Boxster Radio
Alcantera - Friday, 8 July, 2011, at 8:51:04 pm
try cleaning the contacts first, you can buy a key set for 4 dollars on ebay. I took mine to a auto radio store and they pulled the radio out for free. MAke sure you know the code before you disconnect the radio as you will not be able to play the radio until you enter the code. I rarely play the radio I find symphony in flat six much more enjoyable than Lady ga ga winking smiley

b
Those radio keys always cut up my fingers
Sheriff John - Saturday, 9 July, 2011, at 12:36:55 am
Just as a regular rule, you should know your radio code. When you change your battery or disconnect it, you will need your code to re-activate the radio. Any dealer and/or indy that works on Porsches will know how to get the code.

I never use those radio keys. I must be all thumbs, but I tend to cut up my fingers using them and/or can't get them to work. What I do is use my wife's butter knife and slide it between the plastic surround and the dash and pop off the surround. The whole radio assembly is held into place by 4 Torx screws. Then everything comes out and all the cables are available and one can marvel at the big gapping hole in your dash! very cool.

Mr. Alcantera is correct. they are available on ebay. I picked up a set last year for .90 and $1.00 for shipping! What a deal! but they are still in the bag in one of my tool box's drawer. Hmm, if never used are they really a deal?

SJ
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login