Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
won't trade in the boxster or 911 but there are incredible cars. John Heinricy and Andy Pilgrim (former Porsche driver) were both there for questions. the cars were the CTS-V coupe on about 3 miles of track and you could pass people as the instructors had radios in the cars. great handlng and brakes as well. served a nice lunch. then CTS in a slalom, then an emergency stop at speed in a curve and then a drag race into a braking duel with a car beside you. last a return to the track with the cts-v sedans and the wagons. what a blast. all the cars had differential coolers and the fans were humming.

all in all a great event. they even had one of the Cadillac race cars there. if you ever get a chance i would highly recommend the event.
Yes, those are amazing cars. A friend has a sedan I drove for a short time -- freeway on ramp at 100 and still pulling. We didn't get on the twisties but maybe another day...he wants me to drive it to top speed on a deserted (desert) freeway, but I think that's too risky for me. The track would be a fun time though.

A question Cliff, did they have any data collection equipment on the cars you drove - like Traqmate - I would be interested in real life cornering G forces?

Roy Turner
Phoenix, AZ
2002 Boxster S Cobalt/Blk/Blk
i understand that they did have tracking for G's etc which will be included with the video that is to be sent in a week or two. i will let you know when it gets here.
Not as nice as you think
Red_Lightnin! - Monday, 11 July, 2011, at 7:11:38 pm
They are comfortable, fast and fun to drive.

But they cannot handle real performance driving like a Porsche can. Particularly a real full track day with prolonged operation at 10/10ths.

Got two separate stories from two separate instructors whose students had CTS-Vs. One of them the brakes caught on fire. The other had his lug nuts shear off. Definitely crossed them off my list of potential rides.

Quality suppliers - there is no substitute.

1998 986 Turbo-Look Cab
172,000 Miles
Dilithium Crystal Supercharger
etc. i did say i would not trade either of my Porsches in.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login