Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car show
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 11 July, 2011, at 7:19:51 pm
Weather here in southern Ontario has been fantastic since July 1st. Sunny and temperatures in the low 80's. Finally having lots of opportunity to get out for topless drives.

Saturday, we took part in the Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car show held in Grimsby. There were about 30 cars in the fun run and another 10 came out just for the show, which was a fund raiser for a local hospital. We couldn't have asked for a better day.

Gathering just off the QEW in perparation for the fun run.

A Carrera GTS, just a few weeks old.

Headed out for some roads on the Niagara Escarpment.

Some of the cars parked in the back of the organizers' back yard.

Out on the front lawn, some Healeys.

This one sporting some evidence of the Lord of Darkness.

..and of course Ferrari represented.

..and a Lotus.

Re: Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car showthumbs up
jwdbox - Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, at 9:20:30 am
Thanks for posting Guenter. Looks like it was a great day to stretch CURVEN8Rs legs cool smiley
Re: Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car showthumbs up
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, at 2:09:32 pm
jwdbox
Thanks for posting Guenter. Looks like it was a great day to stretch CURVEN8Rs legs cool smiley

Well, we did most of the leg stretching on the way there and back. Had to take it a bit easier on the run since it's pretty hard to keep 30 cars together, even though they were divided into two groups.

It was fun to be out driving with some of the Italian machinery as well. It really was a great day.
the second Healey pic was my first car...........
Harvey in FL - Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, at 3:19:28 pm
wish I still had it now. Mine was the same color. There is a company in PA which restores and sells Healey's for about $80K US$).
Well, just for old time's sake then, here are a couple more shots of the Healey. I always liked the look of them too.

Very British interior.

Re: Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car show
Roger987 - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 10:40:32 am
Sounds like a perfect day. You're doing a great job of getting out and enjoying what has, so far, been a short summer.

The Healeys are gorgeous - I doubt the new Lotus styling will stand the test of time to the same extent. On the other hand, they are a MUCH different car.
Re: Bear Manor Fun Run / Exotic Car show
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 11:09:31 am
Roger987
Sounds like a perfect day. You're doing a great job of getting out and enjoying what has, so far, been a short summer.

The Healeys are gorgeous - I doubt the new Lotus styling will stand the test of time to the same extent. On the other hand, they are a MUCH different car.

You've got to make hay while the sun is shining and we're trying to take full advantage of the REAL summer weather we've been getting since July 1st.

I agree about the Lotus. I just don't see being able to take long trips in it, the way you can in a Boxster. Can you imagine packing for BRBS with this luggage space?

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
I've said it before...
Roger987 - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 12:12:36 pm
The Boxster is a superb long hauler. Your Califronia trip was a strong testament to that (not to mention your 800-mile-in-one-day trip home from BRBS).

Superb seats, great ergonomics, compliant suspension, very little wind or road noise.

The two trunks are excellent and never seem to run out of space. And there's bonus room around the battery etc, under all the plastic covers to the just behind the front trunk)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login