Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
New Stereo 2000 Boxster
kosiba - Tuesday, 12 July, 2011, at 3:58:58 pm
OK- I've been looking for the iphone fix for the boxster- something that would let me play apps (mostly stitcher radio) in the car and have hands free calling. Chatting with stereo guys and they all said to get a blue tooth radio with streaming audio- so no connection needs to be made to the car, no hardwire.

Looking at stereos, and most are gaudy and flashy... love the look of the nakamichi, but no blue tooth... but the only one I could find that looks OK is the Blaupunkt Toronto 410BT. I'll post a pic when I have it installed next week.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/12/2011 04:03PM by kosiba. (view changes)
That's what I do. I get music, navigation, and phone through my stock stereo.

I agree that most of the aftermarket stereos look bad.
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Hello Boxsterra, can you tell me how you get your navigation from a stock radio.
When I have the top down, I neither see my screen due to the sunlight, or hear it due to the wind, and traffic noise.
It would be great if the navigation voice would blast out of my radio speakers.
I am referring to getting the audio through your stereo
Boxsterra - Wednesday, 13 July, 2011, at 6:56:46 am
My phone has all of the aforementioned functions. When you connect the phone to a bluetooth adapter, it automatically reroutes all of the sound through the bluetooth connection.
Boxterra- How do you hook an adapter to the Becker??

Ric
CDR-220 has aux-in. You just need the Becker cable.
Boxsterra - Saturday, 16 July, 2011, at 7:53:14 am
For CDR-210 you can use any of several aftermarket solutions that give you aux-in. I use Solisto.
here is the Becker plug info...
tampamark - Saturday, 16 July, 2011, at 9:05:31 pm
Here it is:

Becker Part

Wiring Info

The audio input for the phone is the same socket as the Aux input, however it is a mono input via pins 13/14 in C3 from the diagram.

You also have to make sure to link the Blue (or yellow, depends on the kit) wire from whatever bluetooth car kit you purchase, this is the telephone mute wire, to Socket A Pin 3.

When you receive or make a call the telephone mute wire sends a signal to the CDR-220, this mutes the stereo (or pauses the CD), displays the word PHONE on the screen, and activates either left or right speaker for you to hear the caller.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2011 09:06PM by tampamark. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login