Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
959 Info (NBC)
nmanitou (Doug in MI) - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 4:09:21 pm
A friend of mine spotted this 959 at a Concourse in Michigan recently. I don't know a lot about this model other than what I read on the Wikipedia site as a first run "supercar" class. Very interesting! Does anybody have any other info or direct experience with the 959?

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
And wasn't Gates or Allen footing the bill for the first one street legal

[www.959registry.org] and specifically [www.959registry.org]
Great links, mike. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 10:03:05 pm
Thanks Mike, good stuff!

Current Love: 2008 RS60; 1st Love: 2001 base, triple black
And what I'd like to have as street legal:
Laz - Thursday, 14 July, 2011, at 10:18:19 pm
[forums.pelicanparts.com]

I think it was R&T that ran an article on the Alabama plated one. If I recall correctly, the only mod was an added 911 muffler.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2011 10:19PM by Laz. (view changes)
for it's time is very impressive however in the looks dept, not so much. I agree with the article, it looks like a 911 with a very tacky aero kit IMO.
You're likely not fond of the GT1 either.
Laz - Friday, 15 July, 2011, at 7:06:52 pm
I realize Porsche is big on form following function, but the GT1 has a touch of George Barris to it.

[www.carondesktop.com]
and they were just trying to meet the homologation quota. On another note, have you seen the pictures for the convertible Panamera 4 door, oh no confused smiley. Does Porsche really need a bloated 4 door Chrysler Sebring clone?
I once futzed around with a simple piece of paper and managed to portray a much less lumpy roofline without sacrificing rear passenger headroom. The hardtop version borders on looking like a crossover while being termed a luxury sedan. I have to admit, though, that it, like the Cayman, looks much better in the flesh, which is really what counts. (The Cayman shape has really grown on me to the point that I intend to get one next year.)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login