Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
at Talledega. He was going 160+ mph and the car rotated five times, but he did not hit anything. This was back in 2005 where Porsche was trying to set some closed track land speed records. Leno was going from a start. The professional Driver (David Donahue) said after seening the skid marks on the pavement, something along the lines of "I'd hate to be that guy."

The show was a good way to kill an hour on a too hot and too humid day. It was a mix of the Carrera at the track, interviews with Porsche collectors and their toys, and an outfit in Malibu, CA, selling replica Speders and Speedsters. Lots of eye candy to look at.
I saw that program as well. The Carrera GT is an amazing car!

Here is a video of Jay and his GT at his garage:

[www.jaylenosgarage.com]
I always thought they were stupidly melodramatic. Let a good narration and the car's "voice" speak for themselves.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
ddb986
I saw that program as well. The Carrera GT is an amazing car!
It clearly is an amazing car. I had the pleasure of viewing it when I was at Jay's Garage:

cool smiley
Did you offer to take it out to get the tires warmed up for his next drive?

Cool. Very cool. That garage must make your eyes dry, not wanting to blink while you're in there. cool smiley
Guenter in Ontario
Did you offer to take it out to get the tires warmed up for his next drive?

Cool. Very cool. That garage must make your eyes dry, not wanting to blink while you're in there. cool smiley

grinning smiley It was clearly a case of 'kid in a candy shop' and real appreciation for how much of a genuine car guy Jay is. An amazingly eclectic collection. And his team highly willing to take the time to share their enthusiasm and knowledge and pride in what they do. cool smiley
That garage must be a great place to visit, if you can get in!

I watch his weekly car videos and really enjoy them.
I was passenger in a CGT and we spun (on a track)
frogster - Monday, 25 July, 2011, at 8:37:38 pm
we weren't going 160 MPH though. hard to say how fast we were going though but it was impressive. i almost puked though eye rolling smiley
i spun the boxster doing a little over 60 MPH on a track. very interesting to experience. made me much more humble a driver, that's for sure. when it starts to go and you can't catch it, you just watch the world spin around you.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login