Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Need some help with rear spoiler
YanivY - Tuesday, 26 July, 2011, at 4:45:00 pm
Hey guys.
I need some help:
Someone decided that my raer spoiler look better in their hands than on my car...
So, I'm missing the upper part of the spoiler (only the colored section, the mechanical part that comes up is ok)
I thought to go for an after market spoiler, maybe something Like this Aero kit.
But definitely not as expensive. Actually - I'm looking to spend as little as possible. If I can find something that is exactly as the original one, but cheaper - that would be perfect as well.
My car is MY2004.

Anyone can recommend or point me to a good alternative?

Thanks a lot
Yaniv

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2011 04:45PM by YanivY. (view changes)
salvaged from damaged/wrecked Porsches.

Parts Heaven here in Hayward CA (area code 510) and Oklahoma Foreign in Oklahoma City (area code not at hand) are two such places. There are more. Panorame Magazine has ads of similar businesses in each issue.

Find one nearest your location or as far away as you have to go.

A bit of caution though... be sure you get pics of the item and the business offers a no questions asked return policy if the unit shipped is not usable.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
Definitely, and thanks.
I actualy tried doing this, but because I live in Israel, the selection is almost non existing.
I tried looking at parts heaven and Oklahoma Foreign web sites, but the results are surprisingly disappointing.
They want 350$ for the spoiler. The dealer sells a new one for less...
But this is a good idea. I'll look for other shops.

If anyone knows about a specific shop that sells new after market spoilers - do share...

Thanks again
Yaniv
Say the UK or even Germany.

If the dealer wants less than $350 for a spoiler that's not too bad. I think it takes the worry about the quality of something you're going to get from a salvage yard.

However, a portion or possibly all of the spoiler may come unpainted so there's that to consider.

Aftermarket spoilers are I guess a possibility. Look for GT and Purely Porsche and 911 & Porsche magazines in your area for ads of companies (mainly located in the UK) that sell aftermarket body/spoiler parts for these cars.

Sincerely,

MarcW.
In the UK
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 9:52:25 am
[www.porsch-apart.co.uk] in the UK

www.douglasvalley.co.uk in the UK

are both listed in my list of Porsche wrecking yards and have been mentioned on the UK Boxster forum
Re: In the UK
YanivY - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 2:23:07 pm
Thanks a lot guys!
I hope i find something there.
If not - I can always go back to the dealer confused smiley
Also try dc Automotive
newt - Monday, 1 August, 2011, at 6:25:33 pm
They have a huge warehouse full of used Porsche parts. I bought a replacement visor from them and they were very nice and helpful. I had to return the first one because it didn't match exactly and they shipped another free of charge.

[www.dcauto.com]

Newt
Re: Also try dc Automotive
YanivY - Tuesday, 2 August, 2011, at 1:49:17 am
thanks a lot!
I will contact them.
Yaniv
YanivY - Tuesday, 2 August, 2011, at 1:55:12 am
PERFECT! they have it, and only for 55$...
I still need to talk to them, and see that it matches my manufacture year, but thanks again :-)
Yaniv
newt - Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, at 8:54:42 pm
Good to hear!
Thanks, already bought a used one for 85$.
thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login