Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
mice
Alcantera - Tuesday, 26 July, 2011, at 10:52:44 pm
I took apart a core motor today from a 1972 e Porsche. I removed the engine shroud and fan and low and behold Mr mouse had built a small mouse condo unit inside. The little guy had made sure that the cool air would never make it past the engine fins. I began to wonder if mickey mouse had caused this motor to overheat and seize. Since becoming Dave the Porsche junk yard dog I'm amazed at the number of nests I find. The takeaway from this is if your storing your car anywhere bait the hell out of the area , and set traps because Mickeys idea of location,location,location is not the same as yours. Here kitty kitty be a good boy and go play in the garage.confused smiley,ty
Re: mice
Petee_C - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 8:50:52 am
Dave,

It was a bad year/winter for mice around here. (I live a block away from Mr Alcantera) They set up a nest in my motorcycle and the JD riding mower. Airbox on the bike, atop the cooling fins on the mower. Smelly mess to clean up.

^^ why my bike wouldn't run.

Mothballs in the shed this winter, plus the wheel of death.

P
They can get very...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 9:31:39 am
... expensive since they love to eat PVC.
Wire shrouds are made of PVC.
Do whatever you can to keep them away from your cars.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Actually, it looks like it was
Laz - Wednesday, 27 July, 2011, at 1:50:13 pm
a great year for the mice. Kind of like when someone asks how your cold is, and you say, "It's really bad!" The cold is doing well; you are doing badly.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login