Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
TireRack finally came out with a comparison review of the Bridgestone S-04 and Michelin Pilot Super Sport and it looks like the Michelin's have the edge.

But unfortunately, they don't make them in 255/40-17 (stock rear size). The closest is 245/40-17.

Gack.
And they don't make RIBs any more.
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Thursday, 28 July, 2011, at 2:47:20 pm
Are PS2s in N build still available?
Tire Rack's response
Boxsterra - Thursday, 28 July, 2011, at 2:54:19 pm
Q: I know this is a relatively recently introduced tire. Is there any chance that they will be introducing more sizes?

A: I assume that they will but probably not until next year.

-----

(On another note, I sent e-mail to Michelin and I will post their response here)
The movie "Faraway, So Close!" comes to mind.
I had a slight notion that because you dropped a 3.4 into your car (yes?) you might've also upped the wheels. I guess if you really need tires now the S-04s also seem to be excellent. Don't be running in the rain without tread, whatever you do!

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/28/2011 03:42PM by Laz. (view changes)
I did the Michelin Driving event that showcased these tires and they were hands down the better tire. The event itself was pretty good as well. It was really evident during the autocross that these tires just reacted faster and gripped better. To bad I didn't realize that they were not making them in the Boxster's size when I was at the event, otherwise I would have asked them. I sent an email to one of the reps that did the event about when they will offer it and will post her response when I get it.
Michelin's response
Boxsterra - Friday, 29 July, 2011, at 12:58:11 pm
[blah blah]

We are sorry but there are no plans to produce the Pilot Super Sport in size 255/40ZR17 at this time.

Your request has been forwarded to management.

[blah blah]
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Anyone with access to their schedule
Boxsterra - Saturday, 30 July, 2011, at 6:04:43 pm
His comment was in reference to part of my letter where I suggested that even if they had no plans to make them in that size they should make plans.
Re: Michelin's response
MikenOH - Friday, 29 July, 2011, at 2:38:22 pm
Too bad; given the number of Boxsters/996s on the road with that size rear tire, you would think that would be a natural size tire to make.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login