Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
My Boxster Spyder
Byron in Atlanta - Thursday, 28 July, 2011, at 10:55:44 pm
Got the PORSCHE stickers for my Box like the Spyder. I like the look....and I don't have to get out of the car to put the top up! winking smiley

Looks great Byron. Congrats. *NM*
Clam - Tuesday, 2 August, 2011, at 12:30:43 pm
It looks great!
MikenOH - Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, at 10:58:04 am
SY was always one of my favorite colors on a Boxster and your mods make it look like a different car.

On another subject, I guess I missed it, what was the outcome on the replacement motor that failed?
Did you find out what went bang and have you replaced that motor?
Thanks guys!!! It's for sale!!!
Byron in Atlanta - Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, at 1:01:40 pm
MikenOH
SY was always one of my favorite colors on a Boxster and your mods make it look like a different car.

On another subject, I guess I missed it, what was the outcome on the replacement motor that failed?
Did you find out what went bang and have you replaced that motor?

....I did put another used engine in the car. This time I didn't do anything to prepare the engine. The guy brought it to me as an engine/tranny unit one day, and the next day it was in the car. Never broke them apart. Using his clutch and everything. On the previous one, I had done everything right, cleaned and primped and upgraded and renewed; New AOS; LN IMS Bearing; New RMS.... This time I wanted to just run it first. Also, the plan was to take blown engine #2 (the one with no hole) and do a complete rebuild/upgrade and replace this one in relatively short order. Now comes the kicker...I'm on CL last week checking the local P-car marketplace, parts, cars etc.... come across this sweet 2001 996 Turbo. Should be mine by the weekend! So need to liquidate this one and have many parts and pieces to list soon! FYI, the Zeintop already sold to a guy here local!

Is that Christian's Turbo? *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, at 3:22:20 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
You are correct. *NM*
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 3 August, 2011, at 4:58:58 pm
Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sweet ride Byron!!!
Christian in Atl - Friday, 5 August, 2011, at 10:06:30 am
You picked a great color winking smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login