Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
PST2 Local anybody?
Jaay - Monday, 8 August, 2011, at 11:41:52 am
I need someone with a pst2 to help me with my ecu. I have 3.4 and it is time to get the thing inspected once again and for some reason this year I can not find anyone that wants to do it. The porsche dealer that did it last year is no longer there. I need to input my vin into my ecu and what ever else will make them happy here in NY. If you can help I know time is money so name your price. Anyone?
I mean the ECU you have has the right model # on it so it's not like you modified the car or anything. smiling smiley
The ECU he has ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 8 August, 2011, at 3:28:57 pm
... is for a 3.4 L 996 and his car is a 986.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
No prob for me in NY
LocoDriver - Monday, 8 August, 2011, at 7:15:44 pm
I'm in NY, have had a euro 996 ECU (with a different VIN) in my '99 since a 3.4 conversion in '04 and get my car inspected at a local gas station each year. No problems or questions.

--- Tom
Yes, but it's the same part and...
Boxsterra - Monday, 8 August, 2011, at 8:21:36 pm
The state doesn't have the equipment to read out how out is programmed other than OBD-2 info.
Re: PST2 Local anybody?
Jaay - Saturday, 13 August, 2011, at 8:57:34 pm
Update!

Huntington Porsche passed it. No issues at all. Thanks for all the input.
Re: PST2 Local anybody?
Tnert - Saturday, 13 August, 2011, at 10:33:53 pm
Day late and $1 short but... I have reinstalled my 2.5L ECU and driven the 3.4L conversion short distances. That might have been an option. Under light load its fine, but a few full-throttle runs could damage the engine from running it lean. I did this when my FVD 3.4L ECU failed and had to send it back to germany, and wanted to drive my 3.4L back to its nest. I actually keep the 2.5L ECU in the boot!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login