Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Picked it up from the dealer a couple of days ago. Ordered in July and got in the first build for the North American market. Chalk, 6-speed, LWBS, PCCB, LEDs, etc. Rev matching is awesome! Breaking it in so I can only give limited feedback on the engine and exhaust but I can tell there's a beast of a motor behind the seat. Just using my big toe on the accelerator. Can't wait till I can smash my whole foot on the gas pedal and give it a rip to 8k. The Boxster platform has really progressed during the 14 years since my last new Boxster. I'm keeping the Speed Yellow 987S (Tina has laid claim to it...) so I guess I have a collection now. Gonna be a long winter. Waiting for Spring.

Fantastic. Congrats. Look forward to hearing more....
Wow! What a beauty, Keith. You're going to have to get a new license plate for this one because the old one's to slow. smiling smiley

I'm sure that once you can let all 394 horses loose, you won't want to reign them in.

Feel free to post more pictures. Would love to see the interior.
MORE PICS!!!! hot smiley
frogster - 3 years ago
wow, i am sooooooo jealous!!! that is awesome.
please post more pics.

oh, and by the way, WELCOME TO PEDRO'S BOARD!

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Awesome Keith! This is about the only car that could tempt me out of my 2016 GTS. As enticing as the car is, I think I will stick with Godiva. Looking forward to seeing the car and you at BRBS in 2021 (fingers crossed). If you get bored with the roads in your area, we have lots and lots of amazing roads in the western part of the state - come on by for a visit!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 06:02PM by jg wnc. (view changes)
Godiva
KeithF - 3 years ago
Perfect food based nickname for your car. Guess I'll go with "Spoiled Mayonnaise" for mine...
Welcome to PedrosBoard.
If you think you won't be able to wait till spring, come on down to Florida!
This is the best time of year for us to enjoy top-down driving.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 09:48PM by frogster. (view changes)
Wow! Congratulations! And, you got one of the best options - the third pedal winking smiley. More pics, please.

Gary

2003 Boxster Base - Midnight Blue Metallic, Savanna Beige, Metropol Blue
Congrats on a beautiful GTS!
Im jealous
Congrats Keith. What options did you pick...I see the upgraded seats! what other goodies.. we need more pics too.

MIKELLIG
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Options
KeithF - 3 years ago
I'll take some good pics over thanksgiving and post them. A partial option list:

GTS Interior Package
Dash in leather with contrast stitching
Steering Column in leather with contrast stitching
Sun visors in leather
Full Bucket Seats (LWBS)
PCCBs with calipers in black
Delete all logos and decals - naked butt and flanks
Spoiler in black
Door handles in black
LEDs (PDLS+)
Roll bars in exterior color
washers in exterior color
Burmester
Nav
Carbon fiber sill guards
Heated multi-function steering wheel
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
That will cause me some buyer's remorse.
KeithF
That will cause me some buyer's remorse.

Not my intent, and who knows how long the wait for shark blue.

Your chalk is beautiful. Hurry up with the break-in cool smiley

I'm hurrying.... 300 miles and counting. Honoring the break in doesn't mean I can't take a curve fast. Spent some time on familiar rural roads today taking turns at a speeds that are very interesting in the 987S. Those speeds were pretty boring in the GTS 4.0. This car has some high limits. I'll keep pushing it til it get interesting (but not too interesting...)
Re: Options
frogster - 3 years ago
"Delete all logos and decals - naked butt and flanks" yes!
that has often been the subject of heated debates on this board and ppbb; to go naked or not. i am very firmly in the go naked camp. i even went so far as to replace the wheel centers with plain ones, no logo.
your boxster sounds absolutely amazing. the thing of dreams. wow. congratulations!

--
I agree
Boxsterra - 3 years ago
Let the car speak for itself, I say.
Drool !!!!

13 Boxster, Racing Yellow, PDK, SC in yellow, 20" Carrera platinum wheels, sport steering wheel, yellow seat belts, yellow roll bars, 14 way power seats, PDL, sports tailpipe
I've been warming up to the colour Chalk for a while now. I suppose that seeing this Spyder at my dealer earlier this summer helped in this regard!

Congrats on the GTS 4.0 ... she's a beauty!

That is a beautiful car. I really wanted the Spyder but just couldn't make peace with the manual top. My first Boxster was a 986S and I added the Speedster Humps which take several minutes to remove. Got caught several times in the rain. Best technique was to drive really fast letting the slipstream carry the rain over the cockpit then hit the garage door opener early so I could enter without getting wet.
OK...More Pics.
KeithF - 3 years ago

make photo hd online free
make photo hd online free

2021 718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Chalk, LWBS, PCCB, 6-speed
and
2007 987 Boxster S, Speed Yellow, 6-speed
wow. absolutely gorgeous! congratulations. easily one of the nicest boxsters that i have ever seen. i am blown away.
i see the calipers are black. the yellow of the pccb ones would look out of place on that otherwise monochromatic color scheme. i love the alcantara. i would have loved those seats in my 986 20 years ago but i wonder how much trouble i'd have getting in and out of them now that i'm not that young anymore. i've sat in them in a couple of porsches in the past and they are great once you're in though. i'd love to hear that sound system as well. didn't even know the burmester was available in the boxster.
congrats again on that beauty and thanks for posting the pics.

--
Interestingly the PCCBs were discontinued on the GTS 4.0 after the initial North American build in October. Not sure why but thinking:
1. Supplier problem and they'll return as an option later
2. Transitioning to the slightly larger PCCBs on the GT4/Spyder
3. Switching to the new carbide coated rotors I've heard about
4. None of the above...

It's difficult to get out of the seats but they're great while driving. The seats are very comfortable and the shoulder support is perfect when I have both hands on the wheel. They're not super comfortable during lazy interstate driving with two fingers on the bottom of the wheel and wanting to let your shoulders recline a bit. Guess I'll just keep both hands on the wheel and drive the darn thing.
Nice job with the config Kieth! Small touches like the black door handles, black wheels and white rollover bars really make a striking impression. The clean butt looks really nice too. If you had left them on, the black signage would have cluttered things up. Well done!!
Beautiful car....congrats.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Just wondering if you are getting a new engine for your GTS 4.0 as part of the recall/stop sale. If so, what loner is Porsche providing for you?
Just posted in the other thread. I dodged the bullet. My car was built 2-3 months before the cars with defective connecting rods. I was sweating it out for a week or two til they finally published VIN #'s.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login