Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Pedro. I bought a new 2012. I am going to use the denatured alcohol trick to remove the air bag warning. I saw your post on the board advising black satin plastic paint instead but thought I would do this first. In any case I need to remove the visor. I undid the single torx screw but the visor does not want to come out of the top bracket on the other side even though I tugged on it pretty good. Do I have to unscrew that also? There are two larger screws in it that I do not recall having to undo the other bracket the last two times I did this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2011 02:25PM by Jeff (Philly). (view changes)
No need to unscrew the whole visor
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 3:24:17 pm
The mirror portion pops out. Just put a screwdriver under the edge and pop it out.
I need to remove the entire visor to deal with the sticker on the side opposite fro the mirror..

Due to previous bad experiences I am afraid to force things with a screw driver. Perhaps you are you saying that after removing torx screw I should put a screw driver where I have a white line in the photo below and pry it?

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Ah, sorry
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 4:02:36 pm
On earlier Boxsters there are screws on both sides:

See [boxster.wikia.com]
We can *NM*
Boxsterra - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 5:19:09 pm
Finished the job.
Jeff (Philly) - Monday, 19 September, 2011, at 9:52:44 pm
To be safe I removed all three screws. I used the denatured alcohol and that worked fine as it has before. I also bought vinyl black satin spray paint at pep boys and put a couple of coats on after removing the stickers. Unfortunately you can still see the rectangular foot print where the sticker was. I think there is a potential business to sell new (European ??) visors that have not been ruined by adding these warnings that nobody ever reads anyway. Is that something Pedro’s Garage sells?
Re: Finished the job.
old timer - Tuesday, 20 September, 2011, at 7:04:23 am
get some type of decals to cover the mess. American Flag, Porsche, Skull and Crossbones, or such. They sell fake carbon fiber at the auto parts store.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login