Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Great Customer Service from Canton Racing Products ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 11:13:48 am
... makers of the Accusump System.
You may have seen the thread on my Accusump's installation last week: [pedrosboard.com]

I went to test it at Sebring and after I came back I noticed that the accumulator wasn't holding oil pressure after engine shutdown.
So, I started taking it apart and found that a diaphragm on the electric valve had split open, which allowed oil to flow back into the engine.

I then sent an e-mail to Canton Racing Products telling them that I had purchase the Accusump from eBay (not through them) and that I needed a new diaphragm.
I was asking whether I could purchase it through them or if not, if they could point me to the right company.
Within minutes I received a reply to the e-mail asking me for a picture to make sure which particular valve I had installed on my Accusump.

I sent the photo and they replied that a new diaphragm would be sent to me.
Yesterday UPS delivered a brand new diaphragm with an Invoice that stated: WARRANTY, Amount Due: $0.00.

Now, that's outstanding customer service.

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/29/2011 11:18AM by Pedro (Weston, FL). (view changes)
It's nice to see excellent customer service... look at the positive word-of-mouth marketing they received as a result. Too many companies fail to realize this or empower their employees to provide it.
That's why I posted...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 29 September, 2011, at 3:35:04 pm
... You'd think that good customer service was a given.
But instead we're pleasantly surprised when it happens.
Weird, isn't it?
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

Def +1 for Canton... Follow-on question. smiling smiley
Cris - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 4:02:35 pm
I always have a follow-up question. smiling smiley

What was the telltale sign the sump wasn't holding pressure? Was it the air pressure gauge on accusump? A number of folks are installing these in the transmission tunnels. So, for those owner, they would really have no way of telling if the diaphram had failed unless to crawl under the car? Thanks!
Installing it in the tunnel means...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 30 September, 2011, at 4:17:20 pm
... much more heat in the cabin.
The Accusump radiates a lot of heat.
On the older cars the fuel filter is there anyway.
I was able to tell by looking at the air pressure, as you state.
You could install that gauge in the cabin as well by using copper or nylon semi-rigid tubing so you could tell what's going on.
My next addition is a digital oil pressure & oil temperature gauge as well as the extension of the air pressure gauge (which will also be digital).
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login