Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Spoiler - how do i retract it?
grant - Monday, 17 October, 2011, at 12:21:20 pm
I went through New Jersey emissions inspection today. They probe the exhaust and also plug into the OBD2 port.

Bottom line - the spoiler's up.

Any idea how to get it to go down? Next time i cycle above 75 and fall back below 50 will it go down?

TIA!

Grant
Re: Spoiler - how do i retract it?
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 17 October, 2011, at 12:43:46 pm
Not sure about the 986, but the 987 has a switch to raise and lower the spoiler. Hit it once and it goes up. Hold it again and it goes down. I use it all the time when washing the car.

Other than that, yes, take it up to 75 mph (or higher if desired. winking smiley ) and then slow down below 50, and you spoiler will retract.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 12:44PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
I have a PDF version of the 03 owners manual
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 17 October, 2011, at 1:55:24 pm
It shows a rocker switch to manually raise and lower the spoiler on the fuse box cover in the driver's footwell.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2011 01:55PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
A throw back to the classic post about somebody afraid to press door lock button and somebody responded with, "Push it, it doesn't have a mushroom cloud on it". grinning smiley
grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 17 October, 2011, at 11:39:01 pm
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Re: Spoiler - how do i retract it?
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Monday, 17 October, 2011, at 2:00:28 pm
To deploy you depress the up side of the rocker switch on the fusebox.
To retract you need to depress the down side of the same switch but you need to hold for a few seconds.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login