Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
New Track car
sdm100 - Saturday, 19 November, 2011, at 9:27:41 am
After having done 3 DE's this summer got the bug to go for a dedicated track car. With lots of toys for sale picked up a 1978 911 with about 30K in mods engine and tranny rebuild. The Mopar blue is not my cup of tea so a color change might be in order. New seats and Belts are the only things needed. or 10K including a second set of racing wheels think this was a steal. Cant wait for next spring

[i41.tinypic.com]
Enjoy!
grant - Saturday, 19 November, 2011, at 10:18:35 am
I actually like the mopar blue. and its free.

Just a word of caution. You are going from a well behaved car (boxster) to a car that does not tolerate certain errors (SC). I have several friends that lifted at the wrong moment (like the downhill at LRP) and wound up in various walls.

Treat it with respect!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Enjoy!
MikenOH - Saturday, 19 November, 2011, at 10:55:45 am
grant
I actually like the mopar blue. and its free.

Just a word of caution. You are going from a well behaved car (boxster) to a car that does not tolerate certain errors (SC). I have several friends that lifted at the wrong moment (like the downhill at LRP) and wound up in various walls.

Treat it with respect!

Grant

Exactly right; the older 911's dynamics on the track are way different than a Boxster and they don't have the electronic safety nets that the newer 911's have. That isn't to say you can't have fun in it, just that the driving experience will be significantly different given rear weight bias.
BTW, it might be wise to start thinking about a roll bar and Hahn device.
Re: New Track car
BoxsterBob - San Carlos - Saturday, 19 November, 2011, at 1:40:29 pm
I love the Mopar Blue too. Enjoy!
Agree with Bob love the blue! *NM*
DougW - Sunday, 20 November, 2011, at 8:53:21 pm
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login