Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Exhaust for Boxster
bengalfan - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 9:57:19 am
Will an exhaust for an "S" fit a base Boxster (part #996 111 141 05). I have a 2000 base.
Thanks for putting up w/ rookie question.

Van
Yes, but ...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 12:37:25 pm
... depending on the model year of each one you may need a different bracket to hang the bumper.
If you're handy you can either modify the one that comes with the muffler or just fabricate one yourself.
Happy Boxstering
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
I have a 2000 base - the "S" muffler will fit...i've done it
Kimo - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 1:18:59 pm
The only difference between the S and base mufflers are the exhaust openings. One has dual pipes and the other does not, everything else remains the same, assuming the S-muffler you're buying is for the same model year group (2000-2004).

I went back to my original muffler because I like the sound better...
Re: Exhaust for Boxster
Bob O - Friday, 17 February, 2012, at 5:45:06 pm
That's great! I've been looking at Borla. The price for the 2001 S muffler is about 700-750 or so. The price for the same muffler for the non S is over 1600!!!! What the heck is with that? (Supply and demand I suppose) If the S fits the base then I would obviously the S model for half the price.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login