Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
How did the shifter feel? Short / long throws? Position? I'd love to hear your impression.

I've been wondering about that ever since I saw the console on the 981.

I will have a chance to take a manual out for a test drive tomorrow.

Just a quick impression please. Then you can go back out to your cot in the garage. grinning smiley
I have to bring my hand back just a little going from the wheel to the shifter, and the inside of my right arm will sometimes brush against the seat bolster. This'll probably get better when I move the seat back a notch. For now I've got it a hair close just to be more positive when clutching. And the car is the most true-tracking thing I've ever driven. Was on the NYS Thruway tonight and the car is utterly stable, and doesn't hunt around. There is nothing wrong with the electromechanical steering, and for my purposes, I consider it an imrovement over the hydraulic system. Saw an indicated 92. The Sport button makes the intake and exhaust more snorfely and guttural. And it adds a noticeable kick to the throttle response. I noticed the idle move up 50-75 rpm.

Equipped the car with a flash light and cleaning supplies, but totally forgot to at least bring the EZ Pass from the Honda. At the exit, the sign said "Call EZ Pass." Dang! Felt better with a fine meal at Cucina in Woodstock. Yeah, that Woodstock.

Guenter, you're right about there being something in the color Agate. I still wouldn't call it chocolatey, but more toward a warm cast like Meteor Grey. The Yachting Blue interior plus the blue top that is still close to the old Metro is going to take some getting used to. In certain light the YB looks almost Aqua, then a few minutes later seems to get darker with a bit of lapis lazuli. It's going to take a while to get used to these color shifts which sometimes approach being a clash. Then again, it took me a while to be comfortable with Seal Grey/Metro/Metro. Lawdevil, you're going to do just fine with your combo.

Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Snapped a bunch of shots with the Canon F1; a few more to go.
A measly Z4 driver had the nerve to park next to me at the farm, and didn't acknowledge my car's obvious Greatness. Fool!

Laz

The Yachting Blue interior plus the blue top that is still close to the old Metro is going to take some getting used to. In certain light the YB looks almost Aqua, then a few minutes later seems to get darker with a bit of lapis lazuli. It's going to take a while to get used to these color shifts which sometimes approach being a clash. Then again, it took me a while to be comfortable with Seal Grey/Metro/Metro. Lawdevil, you're going to do just fine with your combo.

No problem - I am a Little (a lot?) color blind!

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
You're not color blind, I just prattle on about such things.
Laz - Saturday, 30 June, 2012, at 5:36:12 pm
My dealer has an Agate black/black that looks terrific. Your interior will best that.

And I'm already getting to like my combo a whole lot, actually wondering if it would work as well with a more hypothetical pewterish gray (Toyota has one) exterior: the neutral to cool might actually work against the Yachting Blue interior. Just did my first fill up. A real shock at 59.50, but now I know there's 93 in it. The car was all too susceptible to a bit of knocking with inadvertent partial start-offs in 3rd, before quickly downshifting. Just have to remember not to worry about hitting reverse: it's way over to the left and requires some effort to catch.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/30/2012 05:52PM by Laz. (view changes)
Actually, I am (primarily red-green). Found out when I went to my discharge physical in the Air Force. Funny thing was that color vision is prerequisite to work in electronics - which was my specialty. It was never a big deal though. If I couldn't distinguish a color, I would just ask someone.
Luckily, being color blind does not mean I see in black and white (that is very rare). I just have trouble distinguishing some hues of red-green and blue-purple.

Lawdevil
2013 Boxster S - Agate Grey,
2016 Macan Turbo - jet black
Cashiers, NC & Atlanta
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login