Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What an evening. smiling bouncing smiley
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 11 July, 2012, at 8:56:43 am
UCR region had a social at one of the "local" (as in 60 miles away) dealers last night.

What a drive. The weather was just absolutely perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect. Headed down in the evening it was sunny, 85 F. It doesn't get much better than that. Took the 401 down to Toronto with relatively light traffic most of the way. Got a chance to sample a bit of food and some beverages, had our choice of pop, water or barley tea and of course ogle the cars in the showroom.

On the way back, it was even better. Left the dealer shortly after 8 and the four of us took some of the back road twisties back home, with the sun setting on the horizon. Just what our cars are built for. Love the sound of that Symphony in Flat Six rising and falling at the direction of the right foot conductor's wand, downshift, into the corner, power out and accelerate, upshift, enjoying the fresh air.

Life is good for those of us lucky enough to be driving these cars. hot smiley
Re: What an evening. smiling bouncing smiley
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Wednesday, 11 July, 2012, at 10:04:20 am
Guenter in Ontario
... and the four of us took some of the back road twisties. ...
Life is good for those of us lucky enough to be driving these cars. hot smiley

Even luckier when you have twisties and back roads!

Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Too much fun to stop for photos? winking smiley *NM*
Roger987 - Wednesday, 11 July, 2012, at 10:57:51 am
IMHO, top down driving is best in the evening or at night
db997S - Wednesday, 11 July, 2012, at 12:58:34 pm
not sure why, but I always do enjoy it. It feels freer. Or, maybe it feels more isolated, yet open, than in a flashy car during the day where all the world can see you. At night time, it all is headlights and tail lights
db997S
not sure why, but I always do enjoy it. It feels freer. Or, maybe it feels more isolated, yet open, than in a flashy car during the day where all the world can see you. At night time, it all is headlights and tail lights

I agree. I seldom drive with the top down after 9 AM or before 6 PM. Too hot for me.
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
I agree that there's something special about driving at dusk or even after dark. Problem is that up here, we seldom get a nice warm night to enjoy that kind of drive. Last night it was perfect.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Top? The Boxster has a top? *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 8:20:08 am
Re: Top? The Boxster has a top?
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 9:33:11 am
it's that fabric thing you cover the interior with at night winking smiley.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
So what..... tongue sticking out smiley
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 12 July, 2012, at 11:54:43 am

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
Ah yes those Xenons. I think if we hadn't had those, there'd have been some stone chips for sure. Got us slowed down just in time or there'd have been stones flying everywhere. Had to clean a bit of that tar off the rocker panels. That stuff was really fresh because it wasn't on that road two days earlier.
Petee_C - Friday, 13 July, 2012, at 1:03:27 am
Guenter in Ontario

On the way back, it was even better. Left the dealer shortly after 8 and the four of us took some of the back road twisties back home, with the sun setting on the horizon. Just what our cars are built for. Love the sound of that Symphony in Flat Six rising and falling at the direction of the right foot conductor's wand, downshift, into the corner, power out and accelerate, upshift, enjoying the fresh air.

Guenther,

There must have been something in the drink they served u at the social.... I beg to differ, there are no backroad twisties between KW and the GTA..... There might be a mild change in direction every once in a while... but that's it.... twisties implies more than 2 corners....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 13 July, 2012, at 8:56:13 am
Petee_C
Guenther,

There must have been something in the drink they served u at the social.... I beg to differ, there are no backroad twisties between KW and the GTA..... There might be a mild change in direction every once in a while... but that's it.... twisties implies more than 2 corners....

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

No need to beg. All you have to do is join us on a drive. You just have to know where the twisties are. I can promise you way more than a mere 2 corners. Let me know if you want to join us sometime.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login