Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!
MattTheCarNut - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 3:32:02 pm
Wow. What a long two years that was.

36 hours ago I picked up Colby2. He is a 2009 CPO Boxster, aqua blue over sand beige, 6speed.

After getting rid of Colby in August 2010, I thought I would be fine in a VW. The GTI was a great car. I loved the looks, features, engine, and interior refinement. However, I never got used to FWD and the torque steer that came with it. It was only six or so months before I started looking at Boxsters on Autotrader- Hey it's a fun past time. I never saw the right Boxster for me. It HAD to be Cobalt/Aqua. If I did, it was SO far away. Between then and now I almost leased a Golf R, Touareg, F30 3er, A4, but I never pulled the trigger. It didn't feel right. Well, this Boxster arrived at the dealer last Friday, and I sealed the deal on Tuesday.

I cannot stop smiling. When I walk up to my car, I smile. When I start the engine, I smile. When I go around a corner, I smile. When I realize the cupholders suck, I smile.

Stay tuned for more pics, more impressions, more mods, and more FUN.

I am so happy to be part of the Porsche family again. I"ll be returning to Boxstoberfest this year....Crap, I need to sign up! LOL

PS. I love the LED lights. It makes the car look so amazing. My Mom took this pic following me home....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2012 03:33PM by MattTheCarNut. (view changes)
Congrats....Welcome back....
r9i8c7k - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 3:40:35 pm
I, too, left for a little while once...I can relate to how you are feeling...good luck.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack!
db997S - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 3:55:20 pm
good thing you went with an '09 or else you'd be driving another VW hot smiley Also, with an '09, no IMS to worry about. Aqua is a great color. It really pops to life in the sun.
Well it's about time. smileys with beer
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 4:00:17 pm
Congratulations on a beautiful looking car. I haven't seen you smile like that in ..... well, I guess it's been 2 years. grinning smiley

Enjoy. Who needs cupholders when you're driving a Boxster? You shouldn't drink and drive anyway.

Looking forward to more pictures.
Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack! Welcome back Matt - awesome ride
Gundo - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 4:32:06 pm
Patience pays off!
Very nice Matt congrats! *NM*
DougW - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 10:08:47 am
Welcome home!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:15:02 pm
... glad to have you back with permagrin.
Happy Boxstering,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Great! I thought of you a couple days ago. *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:33:24 pm
Re: I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack! thumbs upthumbs up
jwdbox - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:34:04 pm
What a beauuuuuuuuuty Matt! Here's to many many Permagrin miles cool smiley
Calls for a drink smileys with beer
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:41:12 pm
...or two!

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Bob O - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:46:56 pm
Great looking car Matt! Glad you're back in the fold. I'll miss seeing it and you at Boxtoberfest (see other post). I guess you can take my place as the....ummm..spirited (yeah that's the word) team leader! Have fun with it. I know you will. Be safe.

Bob
Welcome back Matt!
AS2003 - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 5:48:21 pm
Good to have you back. Congrats!

2009 (current)
2003 (previous)
The cupholders actually don't suck...
Leor ('09S, North of Boston) - Thursday, 2 August, 2012, at 9:26:46 pm
...unless you leave their little door open when going around corners; then they swing back and forth, which definitely sucks!
Thanks, all!!!....
MattTheCarNut - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 10:18:39 am
So nice to have a warm welcome back!

How many people from the PPBB are on here? Did people migrate to any other Boxster boards?

I'm taking my first roadtrip in Colby2 to Austin this afternoon. So excited.

This morning driving to work, I actually PASSED the office so I could drive more....I'm nuts....
Re: Thanks, all!!!....
Guenter in Ontario - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 10:35:33 am
MattTheCarNut
This morning driving to work, I actually PASSED the office so I could drive more....I'm nuts....

No need to pass your office. You just have to learn to take the right route. (not the one on the left below. winking smiley )

Jim 'n' SC - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 11:04:15 am
Welcome back Matt. I remember you from PPBB and your first Boxster. I too, have been gone a while after purchasing a 911. Have a new Boxster on order and plan on frequenting Pedro's board more often.
NorminHouston - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 5:29:37 pm
Congrats Matt. See you at Boxtoberfest.

Norm
Lawdevil & CURVN8R - Friday, 3 August, 2012, at 11:45:30 pm
Beautiful car! Can't wait to see it at Boxstoberfest!
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Saturday, 4 August, 2012, at 11:24:27 am
You are now the 3rd person here to have an Aqua Blue Metallic Boxster (Leor and I being the other two)

I love the LED lights.

Why does it look like the right tail lights have less LEDs lit than the left?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
I'm guessing he was signaling left
Boxsterra - Sunday, 5 August, 2012, at 2:42:40 pm
from the right lane.
In 'weird' Austin, that's OK winking smiley
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 1:41:00 pm

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Congrats Matt. Welcome back. By the way....
Clam - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 11:58:17 am
what's the word in Austin for the F1 race there?? Looks like hotels are charging crazy prices. Also heard that there is only 1 way in/out where the track is, and traffic may be insane. Have you heard anything?
Clam
Re: Congrats Matt. Welcome back. By the way....
jpv42 - Monday, 6 August, 2012, at 3:59:22 pm
Some of the hotels are fishing with crazy pricing. You know the old saying if you want to play you have to pay. According to the track web site the only parking of cars will be for those that have PSLs. They have added stands because the first non PSL seats sold out. The site says that there will be shuttles from down town Austin. I hope it works out. When I went to the Spanish GP in Barcelona i was able to get a bus from pretty close to my hotel to the track for 6 euros round trip. I don,t know if there is going to be a charge or how much. I have a hotel booked and tickets and plane tickets so I am hopping it goes as planed and have a good time. I have been trying to glean good places to eat but have not got a handle on that yet.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login