Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
And so, the saga continues
JackintheBoxster - Sunday, 12 August, 2012, at 6:15:21 pm
For those with long memories, my car has been intensive care for two years, but it looks like there is progress.

To recap, I was driving my '01 base in New Jersey, thinking what a cool guy I was in July 2010, when all of a sudden the engine died at about 70 mph. I was able to coast to the shoulder, and had it towed to a local mechanic I knew, but he could not help me at all. I then had it towed down here to Washington to Euro Imports, where it has been ever since. The proprietor, a very good guy who has worked on this car for years, as well as my wife's BMW, first tried to find a replacement engine that met his standards, but could not find one that was not too expensive. He then said he wanted to take a look at the engine and see what was up. He's been rebuilding other engines in the interim, and the car -- which looked great on his lot -- did not move. He's a good guy, assured me he'd get to it, and continued to provide really topnotch service on our other car. I should add that I haven't paid a dime on this car for all the towing, etc. The towing was AAA.

Driving by the shop the other day, I was shocked see my car was no longer where it was in his lot, which is chock full of Porsches, BMWs and Mercedeses. I called, but he's closed for a couple of weeks for upgrading software.

Let me stress that, although it has been a long time, this guy does really good work, has saved us a great deal of money on both cars, and is therefore someone I trust when he says he'll get to the car when he can.

Now that it's gone, I can only think of four possibilities: he has the car up on the lift and is looking at it, he fixed it and is racing it, aliens stole it and replaced it with the Mercedes in its former spot, or it rusted to the ground.

We'll see.
Agree. It was probably just a fuse. smiling smiley *NM*
SMILIN - Sunday, 12 August, 2012, at 8:47:02 pm
My guess is, yes, that's it. But if so, I'd think he's working on it, since he didn't move it in before and, he has a lot of other cars on his lot -- including a couple of really nice 964s I'd love to take off his hands.
Re: And so, the saga continues
Mark from SC - Monday, 13 August, 2012, at 6:40:11 am
I think he's had it running for a while now, and it is his 'weekend warrior' that he uses at the track! Good luck tracking it down!
Re: And so, the saga continues
MattTheCarNut - Monday, 13 August, 2012, at 7:41:59 am
I bet it's in the middle east, being piloted by some Saudi-drift expert. winking smiley

Keep us updated! smileys with beer
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login