Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
I posted this question a bunch of months ago but thought I would re-try.

2000 S, 196K miles.

I am looking to replace a few banged up, black, interior trim pieces and possibly, my Savanna Beige driver's seat. The usual suspects, door compartment lids, center shift console, etc. I contacted a few dismantlers and they didn't have seats - didn't ask them about trim pieces.

What do you think is the best way to buy these? I am looking for some used stuff...... do you think I can get this stuff in good condition?

Thanx
Bruce
Re: Looking to buy interior parts and seats. Any ideas?
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 12 September, 2012, at 10:28:06 am
Bruce In Philly (195K+)
I posted this question a bunch of months ago but thought I would re-try.

2000 S, 196K miles.

I am looking to replace a few banged up, black, interior trim pieces and possibly, my Savanna Beige driver's seat. The usual suspects, door compartment lids, center shift console, etc. I contacted a few dismantlers and they didn't have seats - didn't ask them about trim pieces.

What do you think is the best way to buy these? I am looking for some used stuff...... do you think I can get this stuff in good condition?

Thanx
Bruce

If you can't get some of those parts at dismantlers, could they be refinished?

Pedro offers leather covering of things like compartment lids.

Another option, depending on the part, is to get them repainted by Eric.

Either of these options would allow you to also customize your car while you're repairing/replacing parts.

Just my $0.02 worth.
I'm not sure about model year compatibility of your 2000S vs a 1997-1999 Boxster, but for parts that are compatible, you may find a great source in the Spec Boxster community. I went to quite a bit of effort to sell as many items as possible after I stripped the interior, but I am sure others have garages and cabinets full of that stuff, many in great condition, that they would love to get a few bucks for and clear out space.

You might post an inquiry on the Rennlist racing and Boxster forums. This post is also a good spot, but you might also post on the wanted section here.

See if you can determine which '97-'99 parts will work, then go get 'em, they're out there begging to be re-used.
Looking to buy interior parts and seats. THERE may be hope!
tom coughlin - Wednesday, 12 September, 2012, at 4:41:37 pm
Get in touch with a leather doctor or some such franchise. These guys go to dealers and fix cars all the time. I had new leather seats in my quite old 356 and a late and (now) lamented cat scratched one of the seats. I had the franchise guy (leather doc) come out and they worked magic, sanding the leather, re-dyeing to the right color match, and covering with some final coat. That was about four years ago and I don't notice any differnece between seats.
Good luck. Tom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2012 04:42PM by tom coughlin. (view changes)
A list of dismantlers
mikefocke, '01S Sanford, NC - Thursday, 13 September, 2012, at 6:30:44 am
specializing in Porsche is here and there is also a list of those who say they supply upholstery kits.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login