Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Wow!...
Pedro (Odessa, FL) - Tuesday, 30 October, 2012, at 10:30:58 am
... what a Super Storm!
There's a lot of devastation and flooding.
I'm sure we'll see a lot of Porsches that went SCUBA diving on the different auctions in the near future.
I hope each one of our members is high and dry.
Happy Porscheing,
Pedro

Pedro Bonilla
1998 Boxster 986 - 311,000+ miles: [www.PedrosGarage.com]
PCA National Club Racing Scrutineer - PCA National HPDE Instructor - PCA Technical Committee (Boxster/Cayman)

Racecar spelled backwards is Racecar

"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting" ... Steve McQueen as Michael Delaney in "LeMans"

"If you wait, all that happens is that you get older"... Mario Andretti

"Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose" ... Ayrton Senna
Re: Wow!...
Ed B - Tuesday, 30 October, 2012, at 11:34:15 am
We are Ok. Only 2.7" of rain and high winds in New London NH. There was one structure fire. Lot of damage but the house looks salvageable. I got home from the fire about 11:30 pm. We had lost our power at 7pm and it's still out.. Got the generator going about an hour ago. It's warm, 55 degrees plus, so no heat issues.

We are fortunate.

Ed B
Not just the East Coast
MikenOH - Tuesday, 30 October, 2012, at 11:47:32 am
NE Ohio got hammered last night, especially the communities along the lake.

The sustained winds were about 50 knots with gusts up to 70; the waves braking on shore--right along I-90 in Cleveland--where running 20'+ with a portion of I-90 right along the lake closed due to water crashing up on the roadway.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/30/2012 12:04PM by MikenOH. (view changes)
Re: Wow!...
MikenOH - Tuesday, 30 October, 2012, at 12:54:54 pm
And add to that list used cabs coming out of the NYC area:
[a57.foxnews.com]
Made it through safely in VA.... rain guage will top 5" by today... Bob
Just got power back around 4:30 today after it going out last night at 7:30. The temp has been dropping all day so it's nice to have heat again. We got through relatively unscathed, but there's a lot of damage in the area with trees down and flooding. What I notice most is just the massive amount of shredded leaves, pine needles and branches everywhere - pasted to the side of the house, the cars, the streets and everything else.

As a former Florida resident, I was glad to see most people taking it seriously. The preparation seems to have been pretty good with people securing their homes from the winds. Not sure how strong the winds got at my house, but it was pretty intense. Of course, it was a sustained wind that we don't often see in this area. The local news is saying rainfall was between 6 and 8 inches for the storm.

Now to get warm and clean up a bit.

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
I spent the storm in the hospital with pneumonia. My wife was home with our daughter and son-in-law, James. They were visiting from Chicago. They were still here because their Sunday night flight back to Chicago was cancelled. In advance of the main Storm hitting I gave James a walk through over the phone on how to operate the generator. Power at the house went out at 10 PM yesterday. This morning James fired up the generator which kept things going through the day. Power from the Utility company came back on at 7:pm this evening. Not too bad. I expected worse, I had generator gas for three days.
Good to hear at least 3 of our members are safe.
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 30 October, 2012, at 11:08:15 pm
Jeff, take care and get well and back home soon.
...which means some small holes to repair, but no other damage, and we're all safe. Devastating storm though. Hope others are ok too.
Re: Hope all our east coasters are safely riding out the storm.
Jaay - Thursday, 1 November, 2012, at 12:02:57 pm
We are good. Never lost power. Post some trees and gains house guests that lived on the water on the south shore. You know the rest of that story. We were blessed.
I have relatives on Staten Island and so far so good, other than power loss. Haven't heard from my brother yet, but his house is far enough away from the shore, and it didn't rain much there. A friend who runs the big shipyard there might have his hands full, though: that tanker that ran aground has the yard's founder's name on it.
It's ironic that the first 2013 Boxster I've seen in public was on the news in the rubble of Breezy Point.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 01:52PM by Laz. (view changes)
Laz
It's ironic that the first 2013 Boxster I've seen in public was on the news in the rubble of Breezy Point.

Wouldn't that be the second Boxster you've seen in public, even if we have precious few pictures to prove it winking smiley

Glad you're OK.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Ha...I don't even q.v. your first posts.... cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Friday, 2 November, 2012, at 9:56:38 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Oh, and yes, the pictures are precious, hence so few! *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 1 November, 2012, at 6:41:30 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login