Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Bluetooth earpiece?
JackintheBoxster - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 10:17:30 am
Any advice on a bluetooth earpiece for cell phone conversations with the top down?
Jawbone
Roger987 - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 1:37:54 pm
Re: Jawbone
db997S - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 2:50:36 pm
My wife never liked her jawbone. She could barely hear the person she was talking to, and that wasn't with topdown driving, simply walking the dog in our neighborhood. For topdown, you should probably look at something like the Bose Bluetooth head set. It has auto volume to increase sound when noisy and helps cancel out background noise so those on the other end can hear you. I've never tried the Bose, but I would suggest looking for an earpiece that can do something along those lines. For topdown driving, you and the person you are talking to will have difficulty hearing. So, you'll need a volume control on our end and noise cancelling capabilit for the mic to help the person on the other end of the call. Good luck. I've never like the ear pieces as I have the hardest time keeping them in place so that I can hear. Also, they are a PITA to turn on and off while in the ear.
I don't have a wife. winking smiley

But I DO have a girlfriend, and if you asked her about the Jawbone, she'd tell you that although she hasn't used one, her boyfriend has, happily, in this car, top down and up, for the past 2 years.

[jawbone.com]
Nice composition. *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 6:00:42 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Thanks, Laz.
Roger987 - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 6:23:54 pm
Sure am missing those warm temps.
Roger987
I don't have a wife. winking smiley

But I DO have a girlfriend, and if you asked her about the Jawbone, she'd tell you that although she hasn't used one, her boyfriend has, happily, in this car, top down and up, for the past 2 years.

[jawbone.com]

Great picture, Roger.
Re: Jawbone
TheFarmer - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 10:05:02 pm
I found that the Jawbone had only one problem - my Newfoundland puppy chewed it to bits one night. Noise cancellation was great, at least my girlfriend (who has now been my wife for 40 years) said so. I always had clear reception and miss it very much. The Jawbone had simple volume control just fine and clarity was excellent. I will probably get another.
Jawbone is not good for top down
Boxsterra - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:51:57 pm
I have the Jawbone icon and even at max the volume is too low. And people have a lot of trouble understanding me.
Agree *NM*
grant - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:53:15 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re:Here is one modelconfused smiley
carlos in Montreal - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:13:58 pm
Re: here's one modelconfused smiley
carlos in Montreal - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:17:02 pm
Isn't that the Econobone? *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:23:51 pm
Plantronics
JackintheBoxster - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 9:49:07 pm
Plantronics seemed to have the best reviews on CNET and elsewhere, but even that's no good with the top down?
None. And yes, i have a Jawbone.
grant - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 6:52:55 pm
Hands down best is my over-head, with a wire, plantronics noise-cancelling headset.

Even it is mostly useless driving with the top down.

Grant

Grant

A few Jawbone reviews
Roger987 - Thursday, 6 December, 2012, at 7:23:18 pm
It helps to have the side windows UP.

I agree it's not perfect, but ....

[reviews.cnet.com]

[androidforums.com]

[reviews.cnet.com]
It is far, far, far from perfect.
grant - Saturday, 8 December, 2012, at 2:42:31 pm
Spend $100 any way you wish, but you will nto find it easy to hold any kind of complex or professional conversation with the top down.

Grant

Re: Bluetooth earpiece?
decay - Friday, 7 December, 2012, at 3:03:52 am
When I had my 2006 Boxster I used a Samsung WEP460. I did not have a wind screen or anything to cut down on noise, and it was fine as long as you are not going above 65.
It's a Bluetooth speakerphone that clips on the visor.

No personal experience but I think KtS uses it.
Boxsterra
It's a Bluetooth speakerphone that clips on the visor.

No personal experience but I think KtS uses it.
I have both the BlueAnt and the Jawbone. I have used both with SilverBox and both work pretty well with the top down up to about 60 mph. The BlueAnt is easier to use since you don't have to worry about any earpiece moving. The Jawbone needs to be touching your face to work properly and sometime at speed it gets moved out a bit. cool smiley
jwdbox
I have both the BlueAnt and the Jawbone. I have used both with SilverBox and both work pretty well with the top down up to about 60 mph. The BlueAnt is easier to use since you don't have to worry about any earpiece moving. The Jawbone needs to be touching your face to work properly and sometime at speed it gets moved out a bit. cool smiley

So what I hear you saying is that under normal driving conditions, they only work for you while in your driveway? winking smiley
Guenter in Ontario
jwdbox

So what I hear you saying is that under normal driving conditions, they only work for you while in your driveway? winking smiley
There is little truth the rumor some of my neighbors started that I reach 60 mph by the end of my driveway. Everyone knows it is better to wait until the engine temp is at normal before pushing it, so I rarely exceed 45 mph out of the driveway grinning smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login