Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Courtesy of FW...

Advance Auto has the Peak 900 Amp Jumpstarter Link on sale for $79.99. Add filler item (I used 312114.3 which was .29) to get the price over $80. Apply promo code RAF51112 which takes $30 off purchases over $80. That knocks the price down to $50.28. Next, submit the rebate for $20 off (Offer Code: AAP-10023) and you get this jumpstarter for $30.28.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger but didn't know if you thought this would be good to have for a 2006 Boxster S?
I don't have that make/model, but I DO have that style jump-starter, and have found it very, very handy.

I've used it on the Boxster recently. My battery died, and during the couple days it took me to get a replacement, the jump-starter lived in the front trunk (for those occasions when I wasn't parked on a hill - yet one more reason to drive a manual).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 05:42PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Deleted *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 5:59:30 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 06:09PM by Laz. (view changes)
Thanks for info. I was in the market for one. Just purchased it on line. Great deal.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Deleted *NM*
Laz - Friday, 7 December, 2012, at 4:17:13 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 04:17PM by Laz. (view changes)
I seem toremember reading somewhere to NEVER use a jump statrter because it can fry the DME which costs thousands. Only jump start with another battery from a car that is not running.

Opinions?
I've always jumped with a car running at least 3k RPM. Hundreds of times on hundreds of cars (Yes, I carry the long thick cables in all my cars and stop frequently for strangers and I've been driving for 50+ years so hundreds is not a stretch.) Never read in any of the owners manuals not to jump from a running car. That is how AAA does it. Never used a jump-starter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login