Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Courtesy of FW...

Advance Auto has the Peak 900 Amp Jumpstarter Link on sale for $79.99. Add filler item (I used 312114.3 which was .29) to get the price over $80. Apply promo code RAF51112 which takes $30 off purchases over $80. That knocks the price down to $50.28. Next, submit the rebate for $20 off (Offer Code: AAP-10023) and you get this jumpstarter for $30.28.

I am thinking of pulling the trigger but didn't know if you thought this would be good to have for a 2006 Boxster S?
I don't have that make/model, but I DO have that style jump-starter, and have found it very, very handy.

I've used it on the Boxster recently. My battery died, and during the couple days it took me to get a replacement, the jump-starter lived in the front trunk (for those occasions when I wasn't parked on a hill - yet one more reason to drive a manual).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 05:42PM by Roger987. (view changes)
Deleted *NM*
Laz - Wednesday, 5 December, 2012, at 5:59:30 pm
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/05/2012 06:09PM by Laz. (view changes)
Thanks for info. I was in the market for one. Just purchased it on line. Great deal.

"Bart, with $10,000, we'd be millionaires! We could buy all kinds of useful things like...love!"
Deleted *NM*
Laz - Friday, 7 December, 2012, at 4:17:13 pm
Minus 40 degrees... Is that Fahrenheit or Celsius?
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/07/2012 04:17PM by Laz. (view changes)
I seem toremember reading somewhere to NEVER use a jump statrter because it can fry the DME which costs thousands. Only jump start with another battery from a car that is not running.

Opinions?
I've always jumped with a car running at least 3k RPM. Hundreds of times on hundreds of cars (Yes, I carry the long thick cables in all my cars and stop frequently for strangers and I've been driving for 50+ years so hundreds is not a stretch.) Never read in any of the owners manuals not to jump from a running car. That is how AAA does it. Never used a jump-starter.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login