Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
She's Baaaaaaack!
grant - Saturday, 8 December, 2012, at 6:52:53 pm
As some of you know, i had an unfortunate end to a DE/track weekend in early September. Lots of cosmetic damage, lots of broken suspension pieces, but zero major hidden damage nor frame damage.

After many weeks and many dollars (MANY dollars), she's back. And - i hope - actually better than before. I took the, ahem, "opportunity" to put in a full ROW M030 kit; a techno-brace (finally), dial in as much camber as possible (only about -0.6deg, too bad...) and various preventative maint. items such as wheel bearings.

I only had a little driving today, in the rain (i'm now a bit timid int he rain, especially after not driving it for 3 months) and wouldn't you know, the battery decided not to hold much of a charge. That'll be fixed Monday (its pretty early in its warranty life).

With all the changes, it will be hard to untangle what's struts vs springs vs bars vs techno-thingy vs alignment. Too many variables at one time. Ah well. But i'll report on the net delta when i'm confident i know. Its certainly stiffer, maybe a wee bit more nervous on rough pavement and on-center, but very street-able, so long as one wanted a real sports car int he first place.

Car's running great. Amazingly, after all that impact, no wheels were bent or even out of balance! Amazing. I didnt say not scuffed - i do have some work to do.

Car looks nearly perfect.

Permagrin returns. Although, honestly, i learned how fun the S6 wagon can be - VIR, AutoX and all. I need plywood and i need it FAST!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Good for you, Grant
MikenOH - Saturday, 8 December, 2012, at 10:37:43 pm
Now, this will be your street car and the 2000S parts car you picked up will be the track car?
Want to drive them both (someday) and make my decision then. The 2000S happens to have a lot of nice options (good for everyday) but then, it IS an S (good for track).

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2012 09:25AM by grant. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login