Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.
Strap in and hold on.....
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 12 February, 2013, at 4:09:57 pm
3.4L engine, and even I can see why a PDK is OK on the track.

Going VERY fast cool smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: Strap in and hold on.....
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 12 February, 2013, at 9:26:45 pm
I don't know what a good time is for the course, but it looked like a good run to my uneducated eyes. I was not happy to see that *almost* collision at the 6-minute mark. sad smiley

On a similar note, when I was at P2O last year, I saw a couple cars with the Nurburgring decal on them. Does this mean that the car and/or driver has been on the course?

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
frogster - Wednesday, 13 February, 2013, at 7:58:37 pm
KevinR-MedinaOhio
I don't know what a good time is for the course, but it looked like a good run to my uneducated eyes. I was not happy to see that *almost* collision at the 6-minute mark. sad smiley

On a similar note, when I was at P2O last year, I saw a couple cars with the Nurburgring decal on them. Does this mean that the car and/or driver has been on the course?

that is an extremely good time but that's a time for the public days which is not quite a full lap. you can see this on the little map on the lower left. i don't know how much you would have to add to compare to an official time that crosses the same point, i.e. the start/finish line, on the track. you cannot do consecutive laps. you must exit after one lap.

regarding the "almost" collision, don't forget that the nurburgring is technically a toll-road and not a race track. thus, the rules of the road apply. one of those rules is that you are forbidden from passing on the right. my guess is that the (swiss) driver in that mercedes at about 6 minutes didn't see the 991 until the last minute and made a dash to the right to let him pass. to drive the 'ring, you simply pull up to a booth, buy a ticket, and get in line. there's a gate that lets one car go through at a time.

all a sticker on a car means is that they bought/got a sticker. they aren't controlled.

--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
MikenOH - Thursday, 14 February, 2013, at 10:18:27 am
The more of these "Ring" videos you see you wonder how it is (probably a testament to driver's skills/luck/?) that there aren't more people killed (estimated 3-12 people die during "public days"/year) every year.
So many blind turns--taken at speed--that you could come up on a tour bus or motorcycle ( as this video shows) in a blink of an eye.

Here's a link to one of my favorite "ring" drives--a race involving a Viper and a GT3; the first time I saw it I saw leaning in the turns and squirming every time that GT3 cut in front of the Viper--great racing smiling smiley:
[uk.video.search.yahoo.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2013 10:21AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
oops--wrong video; here's the real one
MikenOH - Thursday, 14 February, 2013, at 8:53:46 pm
that video had me squirming! thumbs up *NM*
frogster - Wednesday, 27 February, 2013, at 12:39:30 am
--
MY 2000 S, Ocean Blue, Metropol Blue, Savanah Beige.
Bought June 2000 - Sold May 2010
Me too! *NM*
grant - Sunday, 3 March, 2013, at 8:49:40 pm
Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login