Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
About those 981 lighted vanity mirrors that I don't have..
MikenOH - Sunday, 17 March, 2013, at 10:38:41 am
At the expense of beating this topic to death--- the subject intrigued me a bit after I went to dealer website and looked at some lightly optioned Base cars that had this above item mentioned included in the standard features.

I pulled out the sticker on our car and started down the list--found no mentioned of vanity mirrors smiling smiley--but noticed that the Sound plus system-- 7 speaker, 235W --was listed as one of the standard items, even though the salesman said 4 speakers from the get go. Went out and looked--yep, 4 speakers instead of 7.

Went to the configurator and under the Boxster S, the stock radio was ID'd as a 4 speaker system, 25W--but lighted vanity mirrors are still listed as stock. But if you build your car and look at the standard items it says only vanity mirrors included confused smiley

It's no wonder a buyer would be more than a bit confused as to what comes standard with the car, when there is this amount of misinformation floating around. I wonder what the dealer would do if I showed up and asked them to install the 7 speaker system that the window sticker says is standard on this car ? smiling smiley

I wonder what the dealer would do if I showed up and asked them to install the 7 speaker system that the window sticker says is standard on this car ?

If you paid for it, you are owed it. And if the window sticker said the car should come with 7-speakers, go get those other three.

Your car is a 2013; right? Someone just wrote me that he is getting a 2013 built; I am thinking he meant 2014.

Am still on the hunt for a security key...

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Have you tried another club member with a 987.2
As an alternative your dealer might be able to just to put 1 in the mail to you.u.s.
The
Getting the stuff installed is one option
Laz - Sunday, 17 March, 2013, at 2:38:52 pm
For me, I don't want to have anyone messing with the car (even the dealer) unless it's necessary, or something I really want to have. Whatever the sound system actually is, it's satisfactory. Concerning the vanity mirrors, the overhead lights are fairly bright, albeit not ideally placed for checking if there's a piece of spinach stuck between my teeth.
Re: Getting the stuff installed is one option
MikenOH - Sunday, 17 March, 2013, at 6:29:12 pm
Agreed, the notion of having a tech start pulling the
dash apart to replace a functioning radio is asking for trouble.
Re: Getting the stuff installed is one option
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Monday, 18 March, 2013, at 7:21:13 am
MikenOH
Agreed, the notion of having a tech start pulling the
dash apart to replace a functioning radio is asking for trouble.

They did it twice to mine last year to replace defective parts with no problems.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Last week I was ordering and 2013, but today ......
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, at 12:18:26 am
Today the sales manager asked me if I was ordering a 2013 or 2014. Asked what the price difference is. He checked against what I was told last week and said, NO PRICE CHANGE. So, now I'm going to order a 2014 for the same price. ..... he's now checking on the delivery, and how much more time it will be to get the car.
GEEZ, it's crazy ..... spoke with PCNA and was told to speak with the sales manager. So, I spoke with 3 of them in SoCal. All 3 gave me a different answer on how to order them. I went to another dealer and they told me it's not available. Told him he did not have correct information, he looked on the computer, came back and told me I was correct. Today, I called PCNA for the 4th time. They don't know the answer. They are now researching it. It's going to the regional sales manager.

In order to order them (on line), you have to order the leather interior or get the partial leather package with the mirrors. The partial leather is and extra $500 and I think looks kinda silly with leather over the gauges and a few spots on the door. The sales manager of the dealer I'm going to order from is now looking into it with PCNA and the Regional Manger.

Joanne
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 08:23AM by MikenOH. (view changes)
It's an option, it's in the light design package
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, at 10:00:26 am
But, you can't just click on the light design package and add it to your other options. That's the problem..... Now they want you to order the partial leather package first (or full leather). I don't like the partial leather package. Seems like they want you to spend an extra $500 to get the lighting.

Joanne
Re: It's an option, it's in the light design package
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 19 March, 2013, at 11:42:08 am
Porsche makes great driving sports cars, but the cost of many of their forced options are both usury, and more Lexus like than sports car needed. Their computer CPM system has a 200 page users manual all it's own, translated from German, and both it and the product suck, their GPS (designed for Europe, I think) is illogical, their storage areas are shrinking by the day, the practicality of their cars, while better than their competitors, is getting worse, as too many options are bundled and forced upon the buyer will astronomical prices that out of reason given their actual cost. As I said, usury, and so confusing that in Joann's case (and many others) not even PCNA or sales managers understand them.

Trying to keep their models 'sports cars', and at the same time attempting to be 'all things to all people' by making them GT cruisers is, IMHO, counterproductive and short sighted. The run around Joann is getting for a simple lighted visor is embarrassing. Most of these basic options should be standard given the price of these cars! Unless you're a loaded retired lawyer, who can specify all the alphabet soup, and hand over almost a hundred grand for a weekend unMANual toy, you SOL. winking smiley

Their designers and engineers won't kill the brand, but their marketing and bean counters may.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2013 11:47AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login