Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
[ca.autoblog.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 12:53PM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
The last 2-3 minutes of that video was the most important part.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Not sure cops are "programmed" to look for left lane speeders as opposed to someone sticking out like a sore thumb running fast in the right lane and passing other cars. Actually, they might think at least you know which lane to speed in.
That said, the hilly parts of I-84 in CT are where the right lane (uphill slow lane) is often the fastest: wide open and everyone else piled into the left and middle lanes.
While trailing behind a speeder (the "rabbit" ) is mostly a good idea, it doesn't take into account a parked, hidden cop nailing you from behind. Best bet is to be the middle car. That is, without being a left lane hog.
He spends a lot of time steering with one hand.
The "talk your way out of a ticket" video was funny, if not particularly useful. Jabbering senselessly is going to be construed as suspicious, crack-head behavior. Picking your nose might work best as long as you don't sniff a lot.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 02:10PM by Laz. (view changes)
"He spends a lot of time steering with one hand."
Bobtesa - Sunday, 21 April, 2013, at 9:03:45 am
And, for a guy who very nicely integrates how avoiding tickets is in some ways conducive to safe driving, notice how often he has NO hands on the steering wheel (while driving on wet roads!). Sure, I do that too on occasion, but I don't represent C&D.
Bobtesa
And, for a guy who very nicely integrates how avoiding tickets is in some ways conducive to safe driving, notice how often he has NO hands on the steering wheel (while driving on wet roads!). Sure, I do that too on occasion, but I don't represent C&D.

I agree about the "Look Ma, no hands." driving. I was surprised they showed that. Can't say I've ever driven with no hands on the wheel. It's scary enough when I see some cool dude driving with one wrist draped over the steering wheel. That's not going to cut it if he has a front tire blow out or hits something with one wheel.

I think though, what he's saying is, that safe driving is conducive to avoiding tickets, not the other way around. And, I agree with that whole heartedly.

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]

...since we are not tempted to ever cruise in our cars over the speed limit...

I know I'VE made it a rule to (almost) never drive in the triple digits. the finger smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
KevinR-MedinaOhio

I know I'VE made it a rule to (almost) never drive in the triple digits. the finger smiley

You should come north of the border then. Our thruways generally have triple digit speed limits. winking smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
So do ours
Boxsterra - Sunday, 21 April, 2013, at 4:42:31 pm
if you're counting in kph.
winking smiley grinning smiley *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 21 April, 2013, at 6:10:01 pm
Guenter
2014 Boxster S
Re: Driving The Roads in Canada
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Tuesday, 23 April, 2013, at 10:21:21 am
For Guenther and our other provincial cousins:

A long time ago I was on a main road (King's Highway?) near North Bay and there was little in the way of traffic as we went North. Have you ever driven Canada's more northern roads where the moose roam? It would seem to me that those roads would put the Diamondback to shame.

Re: Driving The Roads in Canada
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 23 April, 2013, at 11:35:00 am
KevinR-MedinaOhio
For Guenther and our other provincial cousins:

A long time ago I was on a main road (King's Highway?) near North Bay and there was little in the way of traffic as we went North. Have you ever driven Canada's more northern roads where the moose roam? It would seem to me that those roads would put the Diamondback to shame.

Kevin, I have driven some of the roads in Northern Ontario. There are some twisties. We even have some here in Southern Ontario. Although we have some mountains in Ontario they're not nearly as high as the Blue Ridge. (Long story - part of it goes back to the last glacial age about 10,000 years ago - before my time, so just what I've read in books. smiling smiley ). Long story short - it's pretty tough to beat the Diamondback. There are also some in British Columbia. Of course that much further north.

As far as the traffic in the northern parts, you're right. Depending on how far north you go, traffic can get fairly light because of the sparse population up there, much like out in the northern plains States.

I've never encountered a moose on the road, but it can be a pretty dangerous if you do. Best to just stop until it decides it's time to leave. You don't want to run into one. Usually, the sequence becomes:
Car hits moose, breaking its leg(s)
Moose falls on car
Car and contents get crushed. eye popping smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/23/2013 11:37AM by Guenter in Ontario. (view changes)
My take
Boxsterra - Saturday, 20 April, 2013, at 4:24:32 pm
He's basically saying the more things you do to ensure you're driving safely the less likely you are to get a ticket. I think the cops would approve of that message.
Re: My take +1 *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 21 April, 2013, at 11:03:41 am
Guenter in Ontario
[ca.autoblog.com]
Thanks for posting Guenter. Of course I am sure in most of our cases it is purely academic since we are not tempted to ever cruise in our cars over the speed limit...winking smileywinking smiley cool smiley
jwdbox
[Thanks for posting Guenter. Of course I am sure in most of our cases it is purely academic since we are not tempted to ever cruise in our cars over the speed limit...winking smileywinking smiley cool smiley

I agree, Jeff. Never tempted. Just ...., well...., just leave it that. smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login