Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Need a mechanic! (DC, MD, VA)
Hufflepest - Sunday, 16 June, 2013, at 5:20:23 pm
I'm a complete newbie to the board, but could use your help! I recently moved and had to give up my fantastic mechanic. Now I'm in the DC/Baltimore area and my check engine light has come on. I don't mind driving a little further to get my car fixed right, either. Does anyone in the Virginia or Maryland area have any recommendations?

Thanks!
you may want to try this pcar....
Harvey in FL - Sunday, 16 June, 2013, at 6:55:11 pm
local web site:

[dorkiphus.net]?

good luck
Re: Need a mechanic! (DC, MD, VA)
Blackbird - Sunday, 16 June, 2013, at 9:21:12 pm
20BoxSter02 - Monday, 17 June, 2013, at 5:28:28 am
We've been very pleased with Auto Sportsystems Group (ASG) in Fairfax. (not affiliated with them at all other than being a satisfied customer.)
Dave In MD - Monday, 17 June, 2013, at 6:54:03 am
Given the location you gave on your ID, these are some of the mechanics used by many of the PCA locals with good recommendations:

TPC: [www.tpcracing.com]

SSI: [www.ssiauto.com]

At Speed: [www.atspeedmotorsports.com]

ASG also gets good reviews

Dave - 06 987 S coupe SG/NL; gone (but still my first love): 03 986 AS/GG/BK;
Bobtesa - Monday, 17 June, 2013, at 6:10:13 pm
I have been using

www.taylorchapman.com

So far just routine maintenance so I can't vouch yet for dealing with problems (knock on wood). However, it's a small shop where the guy (Taylor or Andrew) you talk to about the work is the guy who is going to do the work. I like not having a shop manager between me and the mechanic.

They are located near Dulles airport and I am in Silver Spring. Not the most convenient, but they seem very honest and trustworthy, and like running their small indie shop.
Hufflepest - Monday, 17 June, 2013, at 6:18:35 pm
These replies are fantastic! Thank you all so much. I've reached out to a mechanic and fingers crossed he can see the car soon.
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Monday, 17 June, 2013, at 9:01:34 pm
Mine came on last week. It was a bad emissions control sensor. Whoopee. drinking smiley

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login