Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
It will be interesting to see the discounting that will start on the 2013s as the 2014s are now showing up in dealer inventories. Any predictions? There seems to be a lot of 2013s in stock around the country with some dealers openly advertising 7% off on auto trader and cars.com.
I noticed in the R&T test of the GT3, after the complaints about no manual transmission available, they mentioned improvements in the electrically assisted steering due to improved firmware. No mention was made as to whether these improvements would migrate to other models.
Only one I'm aware of is the change from Platinum to Rhodium Silver. There might be some updates, but none that I'm aware of.
at least by the factory to the dealer. The info as to how much money is refunded to the dealer by the factory is not published -- one number bandied about is 5% of the MSRP -- but one can get an idea I guess if dealers are offering 7% off up front since dealers are AFIAK under no obligation to pass any factory to dealer incentives on to the buyer.
I don't know if the OP is a potential buyer, but there are things that go way beyond percentage off list price. First, one has to take into account that all of the dealer factory orders are PDK. If a buyer is looking for a new manual at a discount, I would guess that the options are severely limited. Then, if you want a PDK, one could search nationwide for a dealer with the color and options desired and go from there.
FIghting Chance

I used these guys a long time ago and was floored by the data they had. That number you mention Marc is I think called "holdback" and it is just one of many incentive systems that goes factory to dealer. I know for Porsche, well it used to be this way, moving inventory well then gave the dealer choice on the next year allocation of cars. In other words, dealers have other reasons to discount and move cars than just recieving direct payments from the factory.

Fighting Chance sells you all this up-to-the-month data. I have no affiliation with them other than I purchased their services about 10 years ago. They do deliver on their promise for secret information. The problem with this data about Porsche is they are such a low volume, luxury brand that the factory has huge power over dealers and therefore dealers tend to have less flexibility when cutting deals than say a high-volume Chevy or Toyota dealer.

The other thing Fighting Chance recommends is a "Fax Attack" (probably updated now to email). I used this technique three times with amazing success. It is kind of a reverse auction... you let the dealers bid on a car for you. I sent emails to dealers all within a 1.5 hour drive of me (in Philly, that ends up being around 15 dealers) with a letter describes EXACTLY what you want and the DAY YOU WILL BUY. Then describe what you are flexible on such as color or options. Sit back and watch the offers poor in. Interestingly, the dealers local to you (I put my address in the there) won't respond for obvious reasons. The ones farthest from you will have really low prices as they have no hope of getting you to come in.... they see this as a way of "moving a unit" to achieve the other incentives in place from the factory.

I purchased my wife's' new Lexus this way, a friend's used Saab this way as well as provided the letter to other friends who used this successfully.

Click here for the letter I used for my Lexus purchase:

Click Here for the Letter

Happy hunting,
Bruce In Philly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/27/2013 09:00AM by Bruce In Philly (2000 S Boxster, now '09 C2S). (view changes)
Here in the San Francisco bay area I used cartelligent to buy my truck. $2000.00 under sticker out the door. You pay a flat fee and they get you the car or truck you want. The fee is included in the price you pay for the vehicle.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login