Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
If so, how does it look (visibility through windshield) and stand up?

[www.youtube.com]
Re: Has anyone here used ClearPlex on their windshield?
jwdbox - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 5:13:49 pm
I'd be wary of any material put on the windshield. Everyone of the local Porsche group who have tried various professionally applied materials has ended up having it removed. Problems include odd reflections, distortions creeping in as it ages, diminished acuity. It seems that individuals who remain with ClearPlex or similar track their cars and the trade off (i.e., saving the windshield) is worth it under the circumstances. I don't anticipate you are going to start tracking CURVEN8R 2...cool smiley
jwdbox
I'd be wary of any material put on the windshield. Everyone of the local Porsche group who have tried various professionally applied materials has ended up having it removed. Problems include odd reflections, distortions creeping in as it ages, diminished acuity. It seems that individuals who remain with ClearPlex or similar track their cars and the trade off (i.e., saving the windshield) is worth it under the circumstances. I don't anticipate you are going to start tracking CURVEN8R 2...cool smiley

Thanks, Jeff. That's what I was wondering.

As far as tracking CURVEN8R2. I've been doing that for a little over a month. winking smiley cool smiley

Guenter
2014 Boxster S
GT Silver, 6 Speed Manual, Bi-Xenons, Sports Suspension (lowers car 20mm), Porsche Sports Exhaust, Porsche Torque Vectoring, Auto Climate control, heated and vented seats, 20" Carrera S Wheels, Pedro's TechNoWind, Sport Design steering wheel, Roll bars in GT Silver
[www.cyberdesignconcepts.com]
Why don't you just go the whole way, and.....
Gary in SoFL - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 6:01:10 pm

It's a wonderful car, G-Man, but it's still a car, not an heirloom drinking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Gary in SoFL

It's a wonderful car, G-Man, but it's still a car, not an heirloom drinking smiley

Nope. Wouldn't want to do anything that takes away from the look of the car. Just want to protect the areas that are most prone to damage for those of us who drive our cars a lot, unlike some people who might only drive them say 40K miles in 10 years. Garage queens, I'm telling you, garage queens. winking smiley
Re: Why don't you just go the whole way, and.....
Gary in SoFL - Saturday, 13 July, 2013, at 6:27:18 pm
Us non-retirees have a life besides our cars, and don't have either the time or the fortitude to drive all over the USA in short time spurts, dragging our wives along with us. But we do drive our cars every week, rather than locking it up for six moths a year just because it might get dirty. eye rolling smiley

No doubt, you're planning on a two grand front end saran-wrap job, which will probably complicate your weekly wax jobs. You really need another hobby. winking smiley

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
And it's hard to imagine the stuff not being susceptible to scratching from the slightest bit of silica dirt when the wipers are used.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login