Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Why Sometimes Having the Top Up is a good thing
m4240z - Monday, 12 August, 2013, at 10:54:27 pm
Today, on my way home, a tree hit a streetcar line. The line fell from the centreline of the otherside of the street, and whipped across and bounced on top of my car before landing on the street and in the track where it started arcing. I frankly don't like to think too much about what would have happened had the top been down. Looks like I'm in for a new top....
Most importantly, glad to hear that you're OK.

Hope you get your top fixed really soon and having it looking like new again.
That's incredible
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 13 August, 2013, at 1:00:54 am
Glad to hear you are ok
Joanne
⚡⚡⚡⚡! *NM*
Laz - Tuesday, 13 August, 2013, at 9:07:12 am
Similar experience a couple weeks ago
Laz - Tuesday, 13 August, 2013, at 9:05:19 am
Driving along top down, power poles along my side of the road, and crossover lines every 100 feet or so. Just as I was about to pass under a line, a tree branch broke and there was a flash and bang. Ok, the line didn't break and land in the car, but almost like in a movie where a jet or spaceship or something is just flying at the edge of an expanding fireball, at least three more cross lines exploded as I passed under them. A guy behind me went flying past on the shoulder. When we got to a stop light, he leaned out and apologized, but I told him I was ok with him going into survival mode. I'm telling you, being startled by the first one to the point of reflexively ducking into my seat was exciting enough, but the cascading explosions were just plain crazy.
Was the tree speeding? *NM*
Boxsterra - Tuesday, 13 August, 2013, at 11:17:22 pm
Sixth paragraph:
Laz - Wednesday, 14 August, 2013, at 1:28:28 am
I drove my wife to a doctor's appointment in the middle of the heaviest downfall. Congrats to Porsche, no water inside the car and the car handled well in the deluge.

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login