Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What to do...
Griff 03s - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 6:47:34 pm
I have an 03 Boxster S and trying to decide whether to upgrade to 911, a new boxster, or just keep what I have. My neighbor wants to buy the 03S so moving it won't be a problem. I like the 03's simple interior with the GT3 console delete, no fluff there, and those wheels. Well, while I decide the car goes in Monday for an IMS LN bearing replacement. It is fun looking...

Re: What to do...
m4240z - Saturday, 24 August, 2013, at 8:56:36 pm
I have on '03. Drove a '13. I'm keeping mine. And my money.

981 is a much easier car to drive to higher limits but in my opinion less fun because its far too refined for my taste. Drive the two back to back.
SteveJ (2010 987 base, manual trans) - Sunday, 25 August, 2013, at 4:24:02 pm
Your other option is to keep what you have for now rather than buying a 981 version 1.0. This reminds me of the introduction of the Corvette C6. I had a C5 and decided to keep it for a couple of years and wait for improvements. It was a wise choice in that case and I am very happy with my 2008 C6. There were major improvements in the 2008 model year. In the case of the 981, I am betting there will be improvements in the electrical steering assist, as well as more power (of course).
db997S - Monday, 26 August, 2013, at 11:45:22 am
One reason to get rid of a 2003 is the IMS, but you are already getting that fix done. So, you have to ask yourself, why are you thinking of getting a new car? I went from an '02S to an '09 997 S Cab in Nov. 2009. The two driving factors (no pun intended) were the IMS concern (mine already went while under warranty), and the fact that we were in the depths of the auto doldrums. Tried for an '09 Boxster S, but dealers weren't dealing for some reason, but were on the 911. I made them an offer I thought they wouldn't accept, but did. It is a much different car. I'd suggest driving a 911 to see if it is your cup of tea. My wife likes it better for roadtrips due to being able to put stuff in the backseats. While I do enjoy it, someday, there maybe another Boxster in my garage, but that is far, far off, as the 911 still floats my boat. I'm not yearning for another car at the moment, and, knock on wood, the car has been bullet proof. The build quality seems far more superior than that of my '02 S.

Good luck. When you look at it, though, no matter what you do, it'll be a no-lose decision.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login