Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
What about this?
getready - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 7:13:10 pm
Sometimes when I start up my 2005 S after its sitting for a few days I get a puff of smoke out the tail pie and then it goes away quickly. Is that normal?
Re: What about this?
Guenter in Ontario - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 7:47:29 pm
getready
Sometimes when I start up my 2005 S after its sitting for a few days I get a puff of smoke out the tail pie and then it goes away quickly. Is that normal?

If it's just an occasional puff, it's nothing to worry about. It's normal because of the boxer engine design. With the cylinders sitting horizontally, some oil can seep by the rings if it's sitting for a while and it smokes when you start it up. Some engines do it more than others.

I only recall my 06 doing it 3 or 4 times the whole time (60K+ miles) I had it.

If you get a huge cloud of smoke very frequently, then it could be the AOS going and needs to be replaced.
Gary in SoFL - Monday, 30 September, 2013, at 8:30:48 pm
getready

Your Boxster is female and bitching that you don't use her enough winking smiley

Not to worry.

"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
you 2 guys
Joanne in OC - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 4:05:57 am
Sometimes I read threads and have no idea what they mean..... but the entertainment I get with the 2 of you, I just laugh grinning smiley

Joanne

PS I do understand this thread. It was just the response was not what I was expecting, but I should have known

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2013 04:07AM by Joanne in OC. (view changes)
It's all G-mans fault smileys with beer winking smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 11:43:54 am
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
BLKBOXS - Tuesday, 1 October, 2013, at 12:34:06 pm
My 987S 2006 will puff out blue smoke a few times a year when I park on a grade up, down or side to side.

I remember when I took my first 2005 987 out for a test drive at the dealer and it was parked uneven and I started it up and OMG lots of Blue smoke and the Sales Guy stated not to worry...its just the way the car sitting on the angle. I must have believed him.smiling bouncing smiley

MIKELLIG
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login