Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!

Expect the best, and accept no substitute.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
For all you 981 owners that want a spare tire
MikenOH - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 11:14:48 am
[www.suncoastparts.com]

$1200+ shipping; no mounting point to secure it in the trunk.
IIRC, there are some countries that require a spare; so--they equip those cars at the factory with these tires without mounting hardware?
Yeah....I know winking smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 12:07:32 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Re: For all you 981 owners that want a spare tire
Guenter in Ontario - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 12:21:44 pm
MikenOH
[www.suncoastparts.com]

$1200+ shipping; no mounting point to secure it in the trunk.
IIRC, there are some countries that require a spare; so--they equip those cars at the factory with these tires without mounting hardware?

...and where would you put the flat tire?
Re: For all you 981 owners that want a spare tire
MikenOH - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 4:51:03 pm
A great question; I doubt the front compartment will hold it, the rear certainly won't.
On the floor, in front of the passenger seat?
Patch Kit...
wewannaporsche - Tuesday, 15 October, 2013, at 5:24:38 pm
I am going to try my luck with a tire patch kit. I have the lug wrench and am currently looking for a small jack to keep in the car. I suppose that the compressor located in the frunk will be enough to pressurize the patched flat.

This of course will only cover some percentage of flats...
Rumor has it that Pedro may market a road fix kit...... cool smiley *NM*
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, at 1:13:21 pm
"A mile of highway will take you one mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/16/2013 01:14PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
TechNoFlat. *NM*
Guenter in Ontario - Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, at 1:18:35 pm
Actually the name I suggested was TechNoSpare.....
Gary in SoFL - Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, at 1:46:59 pm
To wit, about five weeks ago:

Pedro,

Since PPBB has become a new 981 forum, and 981 and 991 owners don't like the idea of not having a spare, I've come up with a simple new product for you. How about a Harbor Freight $18.99 1 1/2 ton scissor jack, a low priced compressor and a 4 way lug wrench. Add a low priced ~ $20.00 tire plugging set with tools, a Pedro's Garage instruction card, and put it all in a Pedro's Garage small bag. It will fit nicely into the front or rear storage without compromising space.

Porsche road assistance is fine, but it's always nice to have an easy alternative/backup. So for a cost of about $65.00 you could offer a nice setup that provides some sense of security.

No royalties expected.

Gary

......I think it was dismissed out of hand sad smiley

I have one, but I'm certainly not going to post it
Joanne in OC - Wednesday, 16 October, 2013, at 9:54:41 pm
Believe me, I could not make this up!!!! It was a few years ago, my girl friend and I were coming home after a Halloween party. She was dressed as a salon girl, and I was a French maid. We were going through a "not so nice" area of Santa Ana when the flat occurred. Didn't want to wait for AAA. I was getting the tire out of the trunk and having a little difficulty. My skirt was very short and it was difficult to bend over and down to get the tire. Well, no one stopped sad smiley So, I had to start changing it. I got the jack under the car and a guy stopped to help. He tells us, "hide behind the car, if anyone sees me helping, they will shoot you". He didn't have to tell us twice. Then a SoCal Edison truck drives by, sees us hiding with the guy helping. They stop and the first guy takes off. SoCal Edison finished changing the tire.

We took pics of us attempting to get the tire out and me on the ground with the jack. I haven't had to change a tire since. Fortunately, they occurred in nicer areas and I could wait for AAA.

Joanne
Re: I have one, but I'm certainly not going to post it
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 9:37:57 am
So you're dressed up as a French maid in a very short skirt, your girlfriend is decked out as a salon girl, and you're in a 'not so nice' part of town. Very suspicious.

Are you sure you weren't just supplementing your income winking smiley and do you really have a photo of this encounter? How much to send me a PM copy? grinning smiley If you're brave enough to post it, I assure you it will get more hits than any picture G-man has ever posted!

Now don't tell us you were in your old Boxster!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 09:39AM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 10:18:05 am
No PM photo.... I remember what happened with the pic fromTBHL. It still finds it's way here at times. I'm not trusting anyone with pics, not even you Gary grinning smiley

I'm not going to compete with Guenter...... he's too good.

Since you don't want me to tell you I was in my first Boxster, I won't. But I think you know the answer.

Joanne
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 10:28:25 am
I guess the video is definitely out of the question winking smiley

Any videos of you in a French maid's outfit? *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 12:05:48 pm
You gals finished dusting?
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 12:33:53 pm
winking smiley

Jawohl, Zaftig! *NM*
Laz - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 12:38:22 pm
you learn quick tongue sticking out smiley *NM*
Joanne in OC - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 12:42:35 pm
I wouldn't worry about posting that picture, Joanne
Guenter in Ontario - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 2:48:12 pm
I'm sure it's quite tame when compared to the mental image Gary has formed from your description. eye popping smiley
Re: I wouldn't worry about posting that picture, Joanne
Gary in SoFL - Thursday, 17 October, 2013, at 6:01:10 pm
Guenter in Ontario
I'm sure it's quite tame when compared to the mental image Gary has formed from your description. eye popping smiley

A good fantasy is healthy once in awhile drinking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/17/2013 06:01PM by Gary in SoFL. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login