Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Not Willing To Put Her Away Yet!
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Sunday, 3 November, 2013, at 12:22:11 pm
Fall is definitely here, but the Blue Box still goes to work every morning, and will until we see snow in my area.

Here are a couple pics from last week. The top was down, but with the windows up and the heater on, the drive in was more than manageable.

The frost is definitely on the punkin'

And the gauges tell you how cool it was at 754AM here in NE Ohio.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Cool pictures, Kevin
Guenter in Ontario - Sunday, 3 November, 2013, at 1:16:50 pm
I agree completely. 29 F and sunshine, heater and bunwarmers makes for a great drive.

Is the white line on your trunk the reflection of a contrail?
Re: Cool pictures, Kevin
KevinR-MedinaOhio - Sunday, 3 November, 2013, at 6:13:55 pm
Guenter in Ontario
I agree completely. 29 F and sunshine, heater and bunwarmers makes for a great drive.

Is the white line on your trunk the reflection of a contrail?

Yup. Zainos really puts a shine on the car.

Driving a new-to-me '09S in Aqua Blue Metallic. It does .5 past light speed. I made the Kessel run in less than 12-parsecs.
Motto: If you have your top up, that storm outside had better have a name!
Motto 2: Having the top up on a convertible is an oxymoron. Don't be a (oxy)moron.
Aside from my struts becoming very stiff due to viscous damping oil, all was fine. Certainly much more traction than i'd have with snow tires (in the dry).

This was on BFG Rivals

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2013 06:30PM by Laz. (view changes)
Minneapolis a long time ago. Of course the top was up. The exciting part was after driving on the freeway for awhile at that temperature I could not turn the steering wheel when I came to my exit ramp. I had to slow down and let the engine heat warm up my rack and pinion gears and then take the next exit

Jeff Benson:

2016 Boxster, See it here: www.greatvalleyhouse.com/Boxster

First car: 1952 Hudson Hornet

First roadster: 1962 Austin Healy 3000 III

Still have: Computer free 1974 MGB

Previous Porsches since 1982: 924, 944, 944S, and four Boxsters; 97, 03, 08 & 2012
Re: Not Willing To Put Her Away Yet!
BLKBOXS - Tuesday, 5 November, 2013, at 8:52:04 pm
Nice Picture. Thanks for sharing.

I did read in my owners manual that you should not lower your top when the temp falls below 32F. FYI...smiling smileyno worries..smiling bouncing smiley Peace..cool smiley ... always carry a litter bag in your car and when it gets full .........just toss it out.winking smiley

MIKELLIG
Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2013 10:04PM by Laz. (view changes)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login