Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile
Celebrating 10 years of PedrosBoard!
Tire Rack: Revolutionizing tire buying since 1979.
Buying through this link, gets PB a donation.

Products for your Boxster, Cayman and Carrera.
Brake pad recommendation
MikenOH - Tuesday, 5 November, 2013, at 5:10:09 pm
For any 981 owner thinking about going to a track pad for DE use, I heartily recommend the Pagid RS29 yellows. Roughly 2 days of use at VIR and wear was minimal--maybe 1mm on fronts and none on the rears. Very easy to modulate with impressive stopping capability. With SRF fluid no fade at all during a 25 minute session. By comparison, the stock pads were at 50% after 4 days.
On the street they can noisy but not as a bad as some.
What about rotor wear? *NM*
MarcW - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 12:13:53 pm
Re: What about rotor wear?
MikenOH - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 1:26:19 pm
MarcW
n/t
j
these are considered enduro pads-IIRC they are used by factory Porsche race cars in some 24 hour races-- and are advertised as being very rotor friendly.
After 5 track days on the stock pads and two days on the Pagids, I cannot find any measurable wear on the rotors.
Yellows seem to be the PCA go-to pad, OTOH
grant - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 12:32:03 pm
... I can;t get buy a) the cost ($$$!), the noise (some) and the higher rotor wear (although not awful by track pad standards).

I've been amazingly happy with Stoptech 309s - 1200degF MOT; `$90; very low rotor wear, silent on the street, moderate bite cold or hot.

Its all i run street or track.

At some point i may use yellow's in the primarily track car. When i want to drop $500-600 on a set of pads!

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Re: Yellows seem to be the PCA go-to pad, OTOH
jg wnc - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 2:24:30 pm
Hey Grant, I finally got a track day in last weekend at Road Atlanta at an SCCA PDX with the Stop Techs. The pads are terrific. Good bite, no fade. Works great as a street pad too. The brake dust is pretty bad, but I can deal with that for having brakes that don't fade, especially at the end of the back strait at Road Atlanta. I was pretty happy - I managed to pass a BMW 335 and a 370Z with my little old 2002 S. They were walking away from me on the straight back straight, but I caught them in the twisty stuff and they pointed me by between turns 5 & 6 at which point I pulled away from them.

I am very happy with the Stop Tech 309's. Thanks for the recommendation. smileys with beer
Glad you like them, and glad you had fun!
grant - Saturday, 9 November, 2013, at 2:37:15 pm
While they are not the ultimate, i can;t find much really wrong with the STs, and its so convenient to just have them in 24 x 7.

It even allows me, in a pinch to take a non-track car to the track.

Grant

Grant

gee-lenahan-at-gee-mail-dot-com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login